July 15th Weekly Challenge 'Creativity'

Weekly projects with absolutely no chance of either fortune or fame. Open to all.

Moderator: Tehya

July 15th Weekly Challenge 'Creativity'

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:18 pm

This week's challenge is Creativity it may be anything that is creative coming from you alone. Another words free range anything goes here. Art, Poetry, and Photography. But do enter something you feel strongly about, something that feels like it came from your inner being.

Put part of yourself into your Art, as we all do when writing, drawing, or snapping that special photo.

Everyone is welcome to enter, and we encourage message board readers to come back and comment on the artist's work. I am sure they will appreciate it.

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated. (Alexander Osborn)
Tehya

Re: July 15th Weekly Challenge 'Creativity'

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Free Will

why have you put us here of mighty lord

why have given us this accursed gift of free will

we have misuse this gift many of time so why even kept us here

that is the one thing we dont get is why free will if the majority of society oh why lord

i love you so much lord

i love you so much for letting me have this gift of free will

i know you want to test our will to see if we can make in to our heaven

but why test us some much throughout our life
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Nissaphiel on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:25 pm

(I don't know if IC from characters is what you are looking for but this is Aphielanis's first painting ever )
Painted in 27"x25" with hand prints of paint around it, dribbling over runs of paint below it, and spills from paint on the ground in front of it http://i.imgur.com/vJdXtM6.jpg It wouldn't be too hard to paint over IF Aphielanis hadn't gone to the extra effort of finding random bits of wood outside to nail around the edges like a picture frame, except it wasn't always continuous on each side and required a few pieces of wood unconnected to fill out each side, and even that would not have been so bad if she hadn't used large gauge nails, and a lot of them to hold each piece of wood. On the up side she carved the wood roughly, on the down side she used a kitchen knife inside blunting it, breaking the tip, and leavening wood shavings all over the living room. Paint seemed to have been spilled or spread at random places, a red hand print was left on the window, paint covered the interior door knob of the front door, a mixture of paint was left on a few drawers in the kitchen, dried droplets of paint seemed to run in paths from the kitchen, to the den, to where she painted the painting, however it was Aphie's first work of art and possibly worth a lot of money some day... If Seela sold that entire wall it was painted on.
Nissaphiel
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Creativity you say? How about some jamtastic Pika-based cosplay?!

And of course the back view (and with skirt instead of shorts)

Yukachu indeed ^_^
miyuka

Postby Twerlinger on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Something I cooked up a little while ago as a result of a challenge from someone from another place

Twerlinger

Postby Tehya on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Let me comment in succession since they are all very nice.
Ryke your poem was very nice, well done, lets see more.
Aphielanis you're an interesting one that's for sure, as is your picture.
Miyuka all I can say is too cute. *squeeze*
Twerlinger your work as always is well worth the wait, thanks for sharing.

If anymore add to this thread I will add to these comments. Its nice to see enthusiasm once again.
Tehya

Postby Stormbringer on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:21 am

04_Vlad_The_Derailer.jpg

Well I think it was a creative use of a toy train anyway!
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:31 am

That's pretty awesome, haven't seen one shaped into a train yet lol...nice
Tehya

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Thank You Belariath

As I open this document it says Blank Document, how wonderful it is to be able to spill words from our fantasies and make it into something else. Saying that; the writer sits and thinks of worlds he or she might want to live in, ideals that they can’t strive for in their life.

Sitting beside them is a Blank Canvas and the artist is painting a picture beside the writer's desk. Soon enough a world opened and it became a story named Belariath. Many artists and painters gathered there creating the whole world inside one building scattered with wires.

Living in ModemVille was a luxurious life, and between eating, sleeping, and working it became a great refuge for those people to gather. There was even a large palace one on the beach and one in the green forest.

No one put cats to death in this world, and in fact there was a lady who lusted over them, shhhh some call that hoarding. That lady was more than just one of those writers and artists; she breathed life into the world when it became cold or quiet. She had the grip of contorting those wires to her will, and her partner, fellow writer, and artist was quite the recluse hardly ever seen, but a very powerful man.

No one had a Braveheart, you know they made movies of him until one fiery dark maiden came by who drew him from his palace. She was one to be careful of, a sharp tongue, but a good heart for the majority of that world. She made the man that helped write and draw the world comfortable, and he smiled once again, they say they lived happily ever after.

Those that liked pretty clothes sure did stare at one of them, she had the prettiest clothes in the whole world, BUT don’t touch them, in fact she hired guards for her closet. Some mumbled and tried to steal or dirty them, but they were put to death quickly.

Whatever you do don’t go into the kitchen for there is a man sitting on a stool eating chocolate cookies, but not only that... frosting the middle of them. Sounds kind of sweet to me, but he’s selfish and never shares, makes you lick your lips watching though.

That isn’t the end of the story, because there were others that held music as their staff of life. Those gathered followed the cat lady, almost living on her art that she showed them. Greedy little hands grabbed bits and pieces and stared at them for hours as they wrote many stories. One was convinced that there was more to this lady than showed. Imagine dragons, dark minds, evil deeds, and yet there was that smile when she toured the world always saying “Hello” to everyone.

People threw dice to see if their skills worked, others asked this wire module to make decisions in their life. Imagine not being able to decide to write, eat, or go to work, but this module set them all straight, I think her name was Des something. People walked in and out, some were very sly, some were very sexy, and others wrote so fluently the inkwells wouldn’t remain full.

It was an envy to any world, and those that left to explore always came running back to revel in this world, hoping kindness and open doors would once again welcome them.

Thank you Belariath
Tehya

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 pm

I love all the work here and some are pretty funny and thanks Tehya and I will be sure to write up some more poems ^^ maybe some about Joe's life before he came to the empire
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Vin Hellkar on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:49 pm

It was a night like any other night in the empire. Mounted on the saddle of his black warhorse, Thunder. Vin Hellkar trots towards the town of Nanthalion. The ironclad raven haired knight was surprised to see so many spectators in the town; clearly there was some spectacles that is occuring. The knight called out at one of the beautiful vulpine female, watching from the side.

"Good evening miss," greeted Vin Hellkar. "What is all this activity about?"

Her foxy eyes looked up at the mounted man and smiles.

"Don't you know," she began. "It's the Reeve's oath taking ceremony. So there are games and other jubilation that is taking place."

Vin heard and read about this event a few days ago. It was the talk of the people in the 'Lonely Inn'. Fliers was everywhere and yet he forgot this was the night of that special event.

"Thank you kindly, miss."

The knight bows courteously at the fox like woman and trots on forward. He can feel her gaze behind him, perhaps even lust for him. This realm truly open minded in terms of expression. He have seen many have sex in front of him while in the inn. On the table even while others drink and ate their meal. Though he have been around as one of the empire's resident for a few months, he still have to adjust with the openess of the folks here.

"Open for all, free match competition is up next," Vin heard an announcer yell out for everyone around to hear. "Anyone interested in participating, step up."

Vin Hellkar has always like a challenge. He does not know who else will partake, and yet there are many in the empire that can out do him with their skills in magical and physical combat prowess. The knight shrugs, he figures it will be a good learning experience. Dismounting from his steed, the knight secured Thunder and walked towards the ring.

"I would like to participate in this challenge," he calmly stated.

"Well you're the second one," said one of the judges. "There are only one other who is interested."

As he enters the ring, he watched a merman enters from the other side. No weapon is on him. Not even a shield. He figures, this individual is a magic user. With a sigh, the knight readies himself, drawing his mitrhil long sword and shield as he face his opponent.

"Let the contest begin!"

Vin does not want to give the merman a chance to figure out that he is not a magic user. The knight rushes forward, zig-zagging to confuse his foe. At the last moment he leaped up to his right, turning his torso counter clockwise, and delivering a thrust at the merman's jugular vein.

The spectators gasp as they watched the opening moves of the fight.

Vin's foe, quickly stepped back. Avoiding the full damage of the knight's attack and the blade manage to wound the merman's shoulder. A hiss can be heard from the knight, disappointed that he is not quick enough against this agiel foe. The merman uses an ice shard spell, sending the deadly razor sharp shower of ice bolting towards the knight. He raises his shield and hunkered down. The blow nearly knocked Vin off his feet, staggering a few steps back. He could feel the cold; it drains his body. Yet he focused and rushed towards the merman, he thrust a powerful thrust with his blade. But his opponent is a bit too quick. The merman leaped out of the way and again sends a hail of ice shards towards the knight.

"By the gods," he muttered as he frantically raises his shield up and block the oncoming storm of ice.

He took the blow in full force. The force knocked Vin a few feet back and he stumbled to the ground. His body trembled feeling the sudden freezing cold. Even his mithril chain armor, greaves, and gauntlets cannot help from the mighty blow he felt. The knight struggled to his feet, determine in his resolve to continue on the fight and not give up so easily.

Dashing through and closing the distance between him and his foe. The knight switched his grip to a reverse hand grip, using that new grip he hoped to confuse the merman. At the last moment he turn his body in full circle slashing with his sword in a vertical strike.

His foe leaped backwards and lean away from the oncoming blade. Vin's mithril long sword pass harmlessly out of range from his intended target. The merman tried to grab Vin's armored body. Quickly he swing's his shield into action, knocking the arm away before the merman can cast a spell on him. Turning his back from his opponent, he thrust his blade behind him in a reverse hand grip.

The sword's mithril blade pierced through the merman's skin and inches in deeper. Vin's thought is of victory, that he have manage to come out of this challenge victorious from this magic user. Then he felt fingers on both sides of his neck. His eyes widen as a jolt of cold pain surges through his body as the merman cast his spell.

Vin fell on the ground, his sword sliding off the merman's wound, his shield and armor hitting the floor with a thud. Shivers coursed through the knight's body. As he shakes uncontrollably from the cold.

The spectators gleefully cheered as the merman was declared the winner. Even when Vin's victorious foe walked off the ring, he still could not manage to stand. Till a female elf came to him. Her healing touch sooths his shivering body.

"You still got a lot to learn young knight," she said. "It is difficult to win against a mage."

Truly it was a wake up call for the knight. He sees the need to train harder, learn from others, and finally make himself stronger if he is to be a useful knight in the realm.

Vin thanked the beautiful elf and walked to his black warhorse. Mounting the saddle, the knight rode off, away from town, and back to his home in Valencia. He rode off a bit more wiser than when he arrived.
=Vin Hellkar=Avarac=Grogh=
Vin Hellkar
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Bravo! Vin I loved it, thanks so much for a great story.
Tehya

Postby Ryke Masha on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Joe's story
Just a little note. This is for a story I am writing and just a small part and also a rough draft but tell me what you think

It was a beautiful sunny day outside in the lands. Everyone was happily giggling cheerfully as they played out in the sun but little did they know that is seemingly perfect day was soon going to be a day to haunt them, a day of massacre. In the blacksmiths shop was a young handsome vulpine working on at the counter. He was helping out a customer with picking the right kind of sword that would be more of a decoration piece than something suited for battle. Behind the man was a young female vulpine with fur that felt like silk and a face that would melt even the coldest of hearts. After the man had left Joe would take the sword and bring it over to the workbench with a note of what to do to the handle and blade. He looked behind him and saw the vision of loveliness standing before him and smirks.

“Well hello miss what can I do you for” said Joe eyeing her form over and wondering if he would be able to win her over taking a sip of his water next to him on the counter.

The female vulpine smiled and leans forwards to show off her supple breasts “Oh I am just looking for a nice strong vulpine to make me a wonderfully sharp sword is all.” she said placing a clear liquid in his drink while his eyes were on her breasts

“Oh I know just the vulpine for that job but he might want a little kiss for good luck.” he leans in planting a deep passionate kiss on her lips

She blinks for a second before returning the kiss and with a smile “Mmmm then you should start getting to work then my big strong vulpine” she said before walking out of the store without giving him any details of what she wanted or even paying him and Joe would shrug taking a sip of his drink feeling weird as he finishes and falls to the ground blacking out before waking up in a field blinking looking down at his hands covered in blood. He stared awestruck trying to figure out what happen before looking up and seeing the high members of his tribe heads on pikes surrounding him in a circle with faces of pain and anger staring down at him judging him for what he had done to them.
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Joe as I told you on IRC I like it, hope you continue it. Very nice story!
Tehya

Postby Saeyra on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Gonna share some work-in-progress costumes :)

Firstly, Sally Whitemane:

Secondly, some space marine bits I'm being paid to make:

Saeyra
Novice
Novice

Next

Return to Creative Challenges with the Artists Ambit