March 27th Topic: Dance for me! Sing for me!

Weekly projects with absolutely no chance of either fortune or fame. Open to all.

Moderator: Tehya

March 27th Topic: Dance for me! Sing for me!

Postby Tehya on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Topic: Dance for me! Sing to me!
Enter your Art, Stories, Poems and Photography here!

Everyone is Welcome to enter and please come back to comment on entries made. This doesn't have to be TLI based but does have to be original.

Have Fun!
Tehya

Re: March 27th Topic: Dance for me! Sing for me!

Postby Stormbringer on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:18 pm

gypsy01.jpg

gypsy06.jpg
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:33 pm

that was fast! Fantastic job SB
miyuka

Postby Tehya on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Very nice SB!
Tehya

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:06 pm

right olace at the right time I guess
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:11 pm

yasbelly10.png

here's another
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby VMN1998 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Wow, whatever program you use for that must be amazing! :o
My characters: Julia Wilshire, Lykos
VMN1998
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 pm

loving that one
miyuka

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:37 am

And my go at this:
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm

*claps happily*
miyuka

Postby Tehya on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Very nice Ehlanna!
Tehya

Postby Akaton on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Very nice Ehlanna. But as I saw that picture and looked at it I had only one thought. That the song being played in that scene has to be Men without Hats "Safety Dance"
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:06 pm

The Dance of Defiance

What was all this talk about the gods and their temples, and what temple did they miscount and forget?
The sullen Sylvan sat before the magical mirror and looked at each temple and the statues missing, but there was something else missing her god, were they so blind they could not see him?

The mirror looked back at her and the entire world flashed before her eyes, or so Tehya thought in her dream while resting in the woods, not in any building, or home as she knew it, but in the grove itself where Christolf endlessly taught her about Gaea and it fell upon deaf ears.

Her doubting ways infuriated him and amused him at times, but now there was nothing left but the empty grove and that infamous violin which she handed to one of her fellow bards to play for her.

The skies darkened as on cue and the tree leaves blew backwards, a harsh wind curled the foliage in the wrong direction, a sign of a storm brewing. The grasses in the grove blew down towards the ground as if a giant tread upon them, and yet no one was seen.

The music to the Imperial Bard’s ears drew her up from the grove to look down at her body, as if her god orchestrated this dance for his enjoyment.

She looked down at her legs covered in lilac silk and the scant dance costume which was her favorite, the one the savage Barador bought her years ago. A crack of lightning was heard above her, and the look of reverence in those cornflower blue eyes told her god she would obey.

Standing up for her dance of worship the entire world was his temple and she knew that for sure. Words came from her blue lips silent as if in prayer. The song vanished amongst the wild winds that were blowing about her, and it was nature itself that became her audience. Christolf was missing from where he usually sat.

The bard playing for her was dressed in a black cloak with a hood, and he didn’t want to be known in case someone happened upon him. Tehya had nicknamed him Master Crescendo, for his music was powerful and haunting as each sweet note filled the forest. He knew of her crushed dreams and when he pulled the bow back to play a note she felt her heart flutter as if it missed a beat.

Standing in the arabesque position one leg bent up and her arms overhead a crack of lightning dictated her to pivot on her toes and bow her head as if the lightning struck her. Her head bent limply and her chin pressed to her chest, the storm escalated making her pivot on one foot, and raise her head bravely to the dark skies.

“If temple statues are missing does that mean yours will slowly destroy itself M’lord?”

Her eyes closed and she prayed that her speculation was just a passing storm, and yet visions filled her mind of Traghorn the dragon sleeping after being roused to help the world, so tired and not knowing of test of prayer and worship. She had told two people in her life, and of course her god knew her worship had gone unspoken even through the times of war and after it ended.

Some god’s represented an element, but her god represented the entire world and she would rebuke anyone trying to change her mind. Storms no longer frightened her no matter how severe they were. In fact she had dreams ripped away by her god, and came to the conclusion it was a test of her faith.

No god would be so cruel to watch their followers cringe and wither in pain watching the promises ripped away one by one. There was a kindness in her god, and a smile that could light the world, but the one thing she feared was not enough followers would listen to her or claim her mad in following this god, but she had proof and even presented it to him in an offering of wisdom. It was left unanswered, but in his coy way he really let her decide upon the facts and come to a conclusion.

A pivot of her body and arms overhead collected leaves that fell to her hands as winds ripped them from the trees around her. They crunched even though they were fresh green leaves of spring gathered in her fingers and then vanished ... her hands held nothing. They showered upon her body clinging to those areas that were so sensitive. They pleasured her in a way she could only remember from winter days locked inside a room.

The bard playing the violin stood up and the bow moved wildly over the strings as the storm intensified and her dance became picturesque as if pleasing someone watching her from the forest line from afar. Her limbs stretched and she felt every tendon almost ripping as she twirled and danced through the grove. The rain poured down upon the Sylvan worshiping her god.

The faceless bard 'Master Crescendo' wore a hood over his head played the notes and the song was dedicated to storms, and her god’s name was whispered from her lips in between twists and bends. Wild wheaten blonde hair fanned around her body, and she fell softly to one knee, head bent, and her eyes closed as the bard sang out her god’s name.

“Stormbringer!”

That word was as musical and clear as any bard could sing leaving her breathless and drenched in rain that poured down over her body. Her fellow bard playing the violin stood in the same grove as she did completely dry not touched by the storm at all.
Tehya

Postby pearl 1 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:59 pm

pearl 1
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:41 am

Nice one!
Tehya

Next

Return to Creative Challenges with the Artists Ambit