Class Advantages/Disadvantages and Advanced Classes

This will hold older posts which may still be referred to for certain instances but are no longer active discussions.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Class Advantages/Disadvantages and Advanced Classes

Postby Belson on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Does taking an advanced class that overrides your base class do you lose the advantages/disadvantages

For instance Warrior ----> Warlord

Do you retain the +2 atk and the no jewelery restriction?

Also can we get a clarification on what is "jewelery" under this rule?
Belson
Adept
Adept

Re: Class Advantages/Disadvantages and Advanced Classes

Postby miyuka on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure you would lose whatever it was you got from your warrior class. I know mages lose the ability to even use the mage sphere once they advance so I could only assume that you would lose the adv/disadv of warrior...otherwise dual classing would be made a moot point in certain instances.
miyuka

Postby Dalahlaleeah on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:57 pm

It isn't that mages cannot use the arcane sphere once they take an advanced class - it is that they cannot gain new spells from the arcane sphere once they take an advance class. They can still spend mehrial to buy more slots in the arcane spells they have to max them to 15 slots.

If a person is dual classed (say warrior x2/necromancer x4) then I would suspect that they keep the bonuses that they had as a warrior since technically they are still a warrior. At least that is what makes sense but I could well be wrong in that vein of thought.
Dalahlaleeah
Novice
Novice

Postby Infernis on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Unless something has changed, the following applies to Advanced classes....

Advanced Class limitations and allowances supersede and override dual-classing rules. So, even as a Warrior/Necromancer, the character would be bound to the armor/weaponry limitations and allowances of the Necromancer class.
Infernis
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:42 pm

I said that wrong. What I should have said is they lose the ability (outside of paying a crap ton of munney) to gain spells within the sphere, or even power up spells they already have. Anywho, this isn't a question about mages and spheres. If you just go warlord, you wouldn't have warrior as a listed class anymore. Now if you're talking about dual classing, I've heard that you would in fact keep your +2. This is from one of the dev's if I'm not mistaken...but don't quote me on that.
miyuka

Postby Belson on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 am

bump... bump bump.

Just wondering if we can get an official op/dev group/HC ruling on this?
Belson
Adept
Adept

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:14 pm

The question is not what 'effects' a Necro/Warrior gets it is, simply put, this:

Character takes Class A (at creation)
Character takes Class B (at, say, level 5)
--- Character is now a A/B multi-class
Character advances one Class into an Advanced Class C, let's say it was Class A (at, let us say, level 10)
--- Character is now a C/B multi-class

What happens to all the restrictions and bonuses that they did gain via Class A?

Thus it is not truly a question of multi-classing, it is a question of what happens to a Class superceded by another?
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Krom on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Major question is.... EXAMPLE....

Krom is Warlord. Started out as Warriorx2 before changing. Does he still get to keep the +2atk as a warrior even though he has changed into Warlord OR does Krom forfeit those rights in exchange for warlord boons.
Krom
Expert
Expert

Postby Infernis on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:40 pm

It would be the latter. You surrender whatever abilities/disabilities, allowances and limitations in regards to armor and weapons, taking on the new abilities, disabilities, allowances and limitations of the new Advanced class.

In this case, you'd lose your +2 to Atk, but gain whatever you gain by becoming Warlord.
Infernis
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Archives