Gypsies

This will hold older posts which may still be referred to for certain instances but are no longer active discussions.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Gypsies

Postby Aramis on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Barbarians are meant to be brutish, rugged, and tough. High humans are supposed to be arrogant, stuffy, and holier-than-thou. Tribesman are supposed to be spiritual and mystical. None of these truly represent the gypsy mindset, in my opinion, so I went ahead and wrote up my own suggestion on their stat write up. I based it off of my human creation myth I wrote a couple of years ago. (http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7487)

Gypsy
Character Creation

Starter Classes: Ranger, Thief, Healer, Shaman, Bard, Mage, Artisan, Entertainer, Laymen

Advanced Classes: Air Mage, Water Mage, Fire Mage, Warrior-Mage, Mist Raider, Warlord, Seductress

Starting Stats:
STR INT AGI RES STA SPL LFE
Basic Stats 2 4 4 3 4 4 6

Racial Background-

Accidently created as the leftovers from the birth of Humans, Barbarians, and the Tribe, Gypsies have lacked any sort of higher guidance and have had to find their own way through their existence. Only Lady Mana, matriarch of the Human Pantheon, has watched over them, but even she has done so mostly from afar.

-Racial Bonuses-

Guidance of Grandmother-
Having drifted the surface of Belariath since time immemorial, all gypsies have an innate understanding of its geography, and thus find themselves unable to get lost, always knowing intuitively exactly where they are, and will almost always know how to survive in normal wilderness settings.

Grandfather's Protection-
Growing up in a society that at times is forced to survive through trickery and guile, all gypsies know the set up for a pick pocket attempt, thus are considered to be trained when defending against having their pockets picked, regardless of class. (Note: This does not mean that they have the guile to steal from others as if they were trained, just that they know how to guard against it.)

Mana's Blessing-
Even now, the Great Grandmother watches over all her children. Due to the other gods disinterest in gypsy-kind, she alone has blessed this people. Some gypsies possess the Sight, when they mature. Due to their constant travels, gypsies don't build libraries, or amass large collections. The Sight however allows them to recall miscellaneous facts and trivia, sometimes even stuff they shouldn't know, as if Lady Mana herself whispered the knowledge into their ear. (Note: This is useful RP knowledge only. It does not allow people to know anything truly secret or grant any mechanical benefits. Functions more as hunches than as true knowledge.)

-Racial Penalties-

Little Sister's Gossip-
Gypsies are social creatures by nature. Thus they find it hard, sometimes almost impossible, to shut up, even when they should.

Grandmother's Passion-
A race driven by their passions, Gypsies have a hard time controlling their impulses, and often find themselves getting into trouble because of it.

Grandfather's Wanderlust-
A nomadic people, Gypsies are unable to resist the urge to travel, once every month, to somewhere distant, though they are wise enough usually to stay fairly close to home. (Note: The Borderlands and Valencia are far enough, as long as they get out of town.)

Mana's Inattention-
Even the Great Grandmother finds herself unable to continuously keep up with her children. Because the gypsies were never truly intentionally made, they lack the attention of the gods, thus find themselves unable to wield divine power, though they can still be on the recieving end of a divine spell. (Note: Healing spells are not inherently divine.)
"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it."
Aramis
Expert
Expert

Return to Archives