Artistan, Entertainer, Layman Initial Skill Boost

This will hold older posts which may still be referred to for certain instances but are no longer active discussions.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Artistan, Entertainer, Layman Initial Skill Boost

Postby Miss Magical on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:56 am

I think Artistan, Entertainer, and Layman classes should get 5 free ranked skills upon creation.

While I completely understand that the Entertainer, Artistan, and Laymen classes are intended for non-combative use, I was trying to come up with a way to give them some noteworthy RP-advantages to play since they lack the allure of other classes. Between bard and entertainer, the only reason not to pick bard is a purely IC concept. Take Medoly, for instance: she does not channel magic through her instrument, I say, so I did not make her bard, yet bards have access to every single thing an Entertainer does, plus far better combative skills.

Artistan and Layman have their small advantages, with Artistans having the 'architect' skill and laymen having access to all the crafting and creating skills. Still, even that, I think, is a bit little for these RP-classes, so I thought that it might be nice for those who make the decision to play such 'handicapped' classes to receive twice the amount of ranked skills other classes initially receive. This bonus would only be for those who create as one of the 3 classes, and would go away if you reset your character to a different base class.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Re: Artistan, Entertainer, Layman Initial Skill Boost

Postby RazyCal on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 am

Wow, and here I did not even know my entertainers were 'handicapped'. I have Razy who is an entertainer x2 nearly at level 10 and then Rosaleen who is an entertainer...If only I had known that this class was so hopeless, my countless hours of character development has been for not...
RazyCal
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Miss Magical on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:43 am

Err, yes, I thought I might get that as a response -- I didn't mean some horrid oh no, the sky is falling!! sort of 'handicap.' -- The quotes there just mean I don't know what else to call it. I'm not switching Medoly away from entertainer, after all, and I'm not complaining, just trying to offer a suggestion. The classes are there to be RPed something in particular, of course.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Postby Tehya on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I have an artisan character, and never felt that she was handicapped, in fact they have a lot of leeway being able to freelance their work, and the dimensions of what they can learn are countless.

Each class has unique values and I think most have been planned out well. Just latch on to their advantages and play them out to the fullest extent.

Razy your character is dynamic as is, don't change her she's exceptional...enjoy!
Tehya

Return to Archives