Magi : Religious Ceremony

This will hold older posts which may still be referred to for certain instances but are no longer active discussions.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Magi : Religious Ceremony

Postby Joshua_Jericho on Fri May 13, 2011 5:39 pm

I'd like to humbly suggest that Magi gain access to the Ranked Skill Religious Ceremony. As a race devoted to a Goddess, it seems sensible that they'd at least be able to learn how best to serve her.

I'd also suggest the Caveat that they cannot take jobs in any temple that is not Morpheous' own. It should be noted that currently, there IS no Temple of Morpheous in Nanthalion.

Religious Ceremony(Priest, Druid, Cleric, Paladin, Necromancer, Hierophant)
Novice - The devotee knows enough to work in the temple doing small tasks, but not of any real note.
Apprentice - The devotee knows enough to work as an acolyte in the temple and to perform simple rites and ceremonies, but not enough for a larger congregation.
Journeyman - The devotee knows enough to work as an low level priest for a temple. They can perform many rites and ceremonies.
Expert - the devotee can function as an upper echelon priest and can perform almost all rites and ceremonies.
Master - The player can function as a High Priest if they are so chosen. No rite or ceremony is beyond their ability to perform.

JJ
Since I can't figure out how to change display name...player of Catiline, Umber and Saphamira! Often around on IRC GMT evenings and weekends.
Joshua_Jericho
Expert
Expert

Re: Magi : Religious Ceremony

Postby miyuka on Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 pm

It kinda makes sense that they don't have this since there are no temples outside of the floaty place but...I don't think Magi need a Temple to worship their goddess or perform religious ceremonies for said goddess.
miyuka

Postby Miss Magical on Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 pm

I kinda agree with Yuka here, though I do see JJs point to an extent. There is no player-out Temple of the Magi right now as far as I am aware, so after that came into effect by the players, then I think this is a question that could be revisited.
Never robust as a melody, only a broken chord to sing.
Miss Magical
Adept
Adept

Postby L`aquera on Sat May 14, 2011 1:20 pm

However.... let me remind people that Morpheous was also included in the World Wide SL of Divine Silence, if the Goddess is mute to her followers, it means she 'has' followers. If she has Followers galore and of course she does, it stands to reason they would have 'Religious Ceremonies' I agree with JJ on this.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby miyuka on Sat May 14, 2011 4:10 pm

what I was trying to say is that despite the description of the different levels of the skill religious ceremonies. I don't think you -need- a temple in order to perform a religious ceremony.
miyuka

Postby Joshua_Jericho on Mon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Well, the way I see it, every Magi is able to perform their own private religious ceremony of some kind for communicating/praying to Morph. No skill required. But, it stands to reason that they would have communal/group services, which I think -would- require some special training to orchestrate. Thus the skill. I -certainly- believe that of all the Magi on Oceana, some would be able to run a religious ceremony! As one of the most religiously devout races, I think that's a sensible presumption.

Also in connected fashion, I'm looking into -opening- a Temple of Morph.. and would feel better about running small "Services" (Like, say, in connection with the Divine Silence) if Saphamira had some Skills to back it up. I get a bit o.O RP-wise if she's leading ceremonies without even the ability to :

Perform simple rites and ceremonies

JJ
Since I can't figure out how to change display name...player of Catiline, Umber and Saphamira! Often around on IRC GMT evenings and weekends.
Joshua_Jericho
Expert
Expert

Return to Archives