Moragan Hammer Clan Name Possible Change......

This will hold older posts which may still be referred to for certain instances but are no longer active discussions.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Moragan Hammer Clan Name Possible Change......

Postby Kaytoo on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:15 am

Hi All;

Over 8 years ago upon the founding of TLI the "Moragan Hammer" became the first Barbarian clan as two members of Shokushu Campus left that game to play in the new RPG here generating their characters of Karltor (had a different name before I killed him the first time...hehe) and K2 now known as Kaytoo to conform to developing name rules.

The player of Karltor gave the clan a name, the Moragan Hammer the name actually inspired from Norse myth and legends.....Past that, all of the growth and development was my doing. In fact after a few weeks Karltor had left TLI and only once for a couple days a few years after returned. However, I plodded on and stuck with it, and out of respect for his generating the name kept it the name thick within the numerous documents that make up the background of the clan.

Fortunately however the clan's background grew dramatically, and was entirely original. Naturally in that I learned or more so developed my reading and writing skills playing here, I am naturally quite proud of how it developed, and that very originality. What I'm not so happy about however is when I try and show off a bit of my efforts, some smart guy points out how I got every aspect of every "Moragan" of myth and legend wrong, then naturally pointing out that it is not original, simply due to the name (as we all know there is only 1 Bob, 1 Mary, etc.)....Most of all, I simply never cared for it, yet at one time the name was enough of a fixture here it was kept.

In that light, I'm strongly considering renaming the clan.....This post however is made for those of you who may have active characters tied to that clan in their backgrounds (though few if any left). After considering a number of options and there may be more to come, I have narrowed my current ideas down to;

Norwalk Hamr (Hammer)
Caypak Hamr

Yes, I know the names Norwalk and Caypak (Capak) exist for towns, yet I'm not going to kill myself trying to invent some rediculous name simply so it is a word never before heard. In any case, I'm still open to other names, and input from members of the clan as to why it should or should not change.

Upon a final decision, all documents, stories, myths, legends etc. will be updated (many needing rewriting for errors), and then the entire set will be re-submitted to TLI management who will be petitioned to replace those currently on the website with them.

Thoughts?

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Re: Moragan Hammer Clan Name Possible Change......

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 pm

I think you should do what you like!

Code: Select all
+-------------------+-------+-----------+-----------------+------------------+
| Character         | Level | Race      | Class 1         | Class 2          |
| Korgewrath        |   151 | Barbarian | Muse/Skald x 5  | None             |
| Kaytoo            |    95 | Barbarian | Mist Raider x 5 | None             |
| Kedira            |    32 | Barbarian | Shaman x 1      | Warrior-Mage x 5 |
| Kronos            |     4 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Valkstae          |     3 | Barbarian | Ranger x 1      | None             |
| Jorundr Wulfsbane |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Herte`sot         |     1 | Barbarian | Ranger x 1      | None             |
| Fenrouw Grimfang  |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Moralynn          |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Ruiseart          |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Ealga Icetongue   |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |
| Kazin             |     1 | Barbarian | Warrior x 1     | None             |

That is a list of Barbarians who have Moragan Hammer mentione din appearance, background or race description.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Kaytoo on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks Ehlanna for the input and the names!

Btw, looking over the list these names to be added to the Clan description page:

Ealga Icetongue
Fenrouw Grimfang
Herte`sot
Jorundr Wulfsbane
Kazin
Kedira
Kronos
Moralynn
Ruiseart
Valkstae

K2
"Call me savage, and you're only telling me how much you have forgotten of the natural world, and the nature of minds."
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Stormbringer on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:32 am

Since the clan revolves around yourself and you effectively created it, hon, maybe you should have something of your own name in the title?

KK Clan for example?

:twisted:
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Kaytoo on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Perhaps, yet then I'd have to wear clothes Karltor(K)+K2(K-K).......and pointy hats and white robes are so tacky ;). Besides isn't there already another peace, love, and tolerance, outdoor activity defenders of the faith social group by that name?

K2

(p.s....I can tell you for a fact from personal experience living in and working the deep south that "Klan" loves me being a very darkly tanned half-breed "injun"....hehe.
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, in what was perhaps a 2-3 hours on MIRC in the OOC room yesterday, I had no less then 3 individuals that have Hamr characters ask me detailed and indepth questions regarding the clan without any prompting from me......That means it is much more active then I realized, and not wanting to throw a hiccup into folks getting into them think for the time being I will let this issue rest and let the name "Moragan Hamr" stand.

To that end I'll devote my efforts elsewhere, some specific questions asked I had never addressed in detail (like what does the brand all have look like, do they have a flag/banner, fixing old writeups, and so on).

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Began revisiting the language a bit...Here is where it stands the website not updated nor will be till this is built more then it will be requsted.

updated, see subsequent post....

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Sakkara on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 am

So that makes Sarai, a Ut'Koccda'sot, shem'sot'fed, who is vestva'sot. :D
Sakkara
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Kaytoo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Sakkara wrote:So that makes Sarai, a Ut'Koccda'sot, shem'sot'fed, who is vestva'sot. :D

Yes though I'm still working on adding words like "needs a spanking" to improve on your translation so give me time ;)

In any case, here is the langauge as it stands at this moment in a .doc format which makes it easier to look through.......Once I update it with a number of new words and corrections, I'll then also be generating an .XLS format sheet which allows you to change the sort orders to alpha/numeric/group.

http://78sentai.org/Hamr/Hamr-Language.doc

This for the time being is to be considered the most current...However, this list will not change any further.

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Moragan Hammer Basics
Mon Hamr Kefa’sosh’mon
(Common Hamr Manners of Living)

By K2

The Moragan Hammer people as a whole have a number of manners of living that may seem odd, foreign to even extreme to many other cultures. Some of these mannerisms are based upon practicality, while others stem from ways of living from ancient times simply repeated over each successive generation to finally some simply based upon their deep rooted superstitions (covered in greater detail elsewhere). Whatever the initial reasons were in some cases known others not, the following are just a few of commonly accepted traits or manners of living that have become typical within Hamr society.

Spitting:
Though civilized cultures find it coarse and rude, truth be told most people spit just not so openly as the Hamr or as often. Besides typical reasons such as ridding the mouth of something one does not wish to swallow that would hold for all, the Hamr spit for another very specific reason based upon superstition yet also to convey a message of frustration yet at the same time courtesy to others.

The Hamr believe once a word is thought it then resides within the mouth simply waiting to come out. Kind words healthy and sweet making the individual happier and better balanced if swallowed down, yet also making others healthier and happier if voiced to them as they clearly take them in through their ears. Words of anger, insult, slurs and so on however being unhealthy and bitter and having the opposite effect on both parties be they swallowed or spoken. This to the Hamr is proven out in that a person having kind things to say swallowed down always seems happier and healthier, yet in contrast those having words of anger to voice swallowed down themselves become bitter, unhappy and unhealthy and the effects upon others in both cases are obvious.

To that end, when a Hamr has words of anger, insult or so on to voice yet does not wish to harm others, they will quite often “spit” ridding their mouths of the vile words and once done let the thought go moving onto others. In this way they do no harm to themselves by holding it in or swallowing the words down if you will. Yet in kind do no harm to others. However, contrary to that suggested by civilized peoples to simply not express them, hide them and so on to be polite, Hamr find that rude and deceptive. A typically honest people on the whole the Hamr believe that by not expressing both the upset, yet at the same time the wish to do no harm to another in word or deed, they are being discourteous in that if what is causing them upset continues it will typically lead to violence.

Spitting the honest Hamr’s way of stating, “you/this situation is upsetting me, I do not wish to be harmed further, or harm you” and finally as a warning for the situation to end. The courteous other should then either walk away, or ask what is upsetting the individual.

Nudity:
It is said that long ago when Moragan of the North taught the frail group of people eventually to become Hamr to be strong, that part of that was being comfortable naked. As with many things he taught his reason was often voiced as “we suffer today so our children tomorrow will be strong”. No doubt in many generations past the Hamr’s ancestors had difficulty enduring the conditions of the far North, yet in time Moragan’s words proved out true as over the generations the Hamr people became more and more conditioned to the cold. It would not be uncommon to find the Hamr today quite comfortable nude in what to most would be cold temperatures (50F/10C) with natural variations from person to person many moderately comfortable depending upon the weather even down to 32F/0C. Yet on the whole the Hamr in many climates is warm, clothing often only overheating them.

In kind, wherein at one time it was considered “kocve’mon” or faithful to be nude to endure the trials of life on Vraste’ to make you stronger, it is now considered “kocve’sot” in that you are being true to yourself, the clan and others in that you are not ashamed of yourself, nor try to hide your “marks of life” (scars, tattoos, brands, etc.) a fair warning or revealing of yourself to others.

The Hamr also believe that in being raised around such better balances a person. A body is a body, all having flaws and imperfections as viewed by the civilized person, yet to the Hamr they are only seen as differences. In fact differences that the Hamr may find quite interesting verses repulsive. Additionally, the Hamr believe it eliminates the civilized notion that the physical look of a person is sexual. Granted, they may like this attribute or that, yet in the end simply seeing bare genitals, backside or breasts will not inspire sexual desire it the person, the body not inspiring such, it how the person “is” which does.

Lewd Posturing:
To this day the civilized peoples of Vraste’ or Belariath find the Hamr almost obscene in the manner they sit or present themselves to others. Many believe the Hamr to be nothing short of perverse overly sexual peoples, their almost constant nudity and more so manner of sitting, standing or presenting themselves to others meant to inspire lust in all they meet.

Fact of the matter is the Hamr believe presenting ones self to another dressed to any degree is a warning that they are armed. Tales of a Hamr woman suddenly attacking with a small knife having been hidden in her vagina or under her breast, or men behind their cock or between their bottom’s cheeks all too common to be untrue. Furthermore, “fols” or clothing is meant to sound similar to “folm” or armor. Past the all though be it minimal protection clothing affords, it is also to be said to be worn by those wishing to conceal themselves from others to protect their modesty from that other individual, so in a sense armor for the senses.

To that end, it is considered threatening or insulting to approach another dressed and more so sit or rest in a concealing fashion. It will not be uncommon for the Hamr woman to be sitting with her legs parted wide, knees spread and feet up fully exposing her cunnie and anus, her arms up or back to expose her armpits and raise her breasts, and even to on occasion throughout the conversation pull at a breast or nether lip to raise or spread it. Men may be found to blatantly turn round parting their bottoms cheeks, grasping their cock or balls lifting them and exposing their armpits as well. It is intended to say “I hide nothing from you, you can relax as I can be trusted” and further “I am not repulsed by or fear you, and therefor feel no need to cover myself forcing you to conceal your interests, and trust you”.

Simply, it is meant to state a mutual lack of fear and trust and should be returned in kind, as one should always fear a dressed or armored Hamr, and the results of another not being as courteous the Hamr will find threatening. It is a posturing of courtesy, not sexual vulgarity.

Clothing and Body Decoration:
Past armor and clothing for protection from the threat of others or the elements when needed, clothing is meant to inspire one thing in others, sexual desire. The Hamr believe concealing ones self besides not only forcing the other to wonder what weapon they may be concealing, in most cases inspires the other to want to make the other reveal themselves fully therefor inspiring interest and in turn desire. All aspects of the following performed equally by both men and women.

Therefor, the Hamr wanting to inspire sexual desire in others will often dress for the sole reason of generating interest in getting them undressed. Though most times the clothing risqué or provocative, though to the civilized person it may seem sexual in its design, the point is in reality to not state sexual desire from the design, yet simply due to wearing it (the Hamr more comfortable nude and hence the clothing often “skimpy” even it uncomfortable to them). In kind by wearing clothing though preferring to be nude, it will generate in the person an uneasiness, which in the right mindset inspires their own desire.

Further body decoration comes in often rather simplistic forms. Paints and dyes to hair, skin and teeth to simply look different, and add temporary designs to be attractive. Never applied to just the face as civilized women do yet instead to the entire package if you will. Some will even go to the rare extreme of dripping the juice from the common stainberry (used in tattooing and wound healing from its antiseptic properties) into their eyes to temporarily cause the rims of their lids to turn blue to black and the whites of their eyes a pale blue. Rare in that it is painful at first to do so. Finally adding feathers, shells or whatever else the person can dream up to piercings and hair all once again to simply be interesting and attractive.

All other forms of body decoration however such as victory ribbons about the arms or legs, jewelry, piercings, brands, carvings, tattoos and so on all having deep personal meanings. The typical hammer by showing them not offended by others asking what they mean or why. In fact, it is considered courteous to do so, as it shows that other individual sees the Hamr, and wishes to know more about them.

Dogs:
It is said “the sure way to die by the Hamr is to harm a Kocve’kocc” or dog. For centuries the Hamr have been accused of having “an unnatural penchant for dogs”, many as you can imagine reading into that less savory things. Truth of the matter is though believing dogs come from a time when the Gods decided they needed sport, in fact their first attempt, they also believe that the Gods truly failed in that they had as expected created the perfect being. The failure coming in that dogs revealed what the Gods prized most high, and therefor an example to all, even their name “Kocve’kocc” or “faithful mammal” stating such.

Not in physical form as a simple wiggle of the thumbs tells humans in that regard they are superior, yet in their true being, their spirit, demeanor and soul. The Hamr see dogs as absolutely courageous, unrelenting, clever, kind and having a clear order which all understand and abide by. The traits of a dog are those that the Hamr prize as the most Kocve’ of all. They protect their families and pack, honor ranking yet also test it. They work together to singular ends, and they love freedom yet also find great honor in serving another. Loud when needed, silent when not, threatening when threatened. To the Hamr dogs are a perfect example of how a person should be. How the kocve’ Hamr should strive to be in all regards of their life. Even in the rush, or sexually, men expected to be wanton at all times, women when feeling desire to excessive extremes.

To that end the Hamr revere dogs as the perfect example set in this world to teach and guide them to a higher plane of being, and contrary to the insult as taken by civilized beings, to say a Hamr is a dog is a high compliment indeed. Wolven as a race however contrary to what one might think are viewed as corrupt. Desperate to put on the guise of the most perfect creature, yet in truth living by savage civilized standards. To Hamr all dogs will surely see Koluumn or Heaven as they are the only ones naturally deserving the rest of us having to fight our way there. Finally the Hamr do not view their dogs as pets. They are guides, companions, teachers and superiors. The Hamr their protectors and apprentices, learning from the perfect example of what the Gods most prize.

Be sure however, the Hamr response to mistreatment of Dogs even wild Wolves will be excessive and extreme. A simple kick to some filthy stray may cost another their life and for the Hamr to do so is considered kocve’.

(To be built upon)…..

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby lyllamarie on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:01 pm

we are working on barbarians in dev so I'll include this with the updates. Is this the finished piece or do you want me to wait to pull it?
The player of
LyllaMarie{SB} || Sutara || Ebilese || Hellian Cros || Kuma || Imogene
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Kaytoo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks but still working on it and others....

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 pm

http://78sentai.org/Hamr/Hamr-Langauge-revB.doc

This new Hamr vocabulary list is NOT to be used for any play initiated before this date (current quest considered).......However, this list will be the one to further evolve, the original in a previous post considered obsolete for all future play.

That said, it was always my intention that the Hammer culture would evolve and grow not just due to my work yet all who played hammer characters....Naturally keeping all aspects in theme is important, so as expected not everything will be instantly accepted as part of the race or language.

However, aspects such as the language can grow quite quickly with assistance......To do so I offer up the following advice:

1. Write out something you'd like to say be it a sentance or more in English.
2. Translate it into Hamr-Barbarian.
3. If a particular word is missing, generate one being careful to consider similar words and meanings to make it easy to learn or find (ex. 1,2,3 = ka,ke,ko).
4. Post it here.

If it fits I'll add it to the master adding your name to the list to insure credit as a contributor. If it does not, or another word for it exists, you'll be notified here and it can be discussed.

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm

The above language link is being continuously upgraded till a stopping point which will be announced. Note there are some changes being made besides additions, so if wishing to use the language utilize the latest list. You may also note some discrepancies as to game play.....A good example of this some races names being changed. In kind the current races will need to be reviewed, and the language corrected. However as to discrapencies, as an example you may find Goblin moved to a new catagory of Ut'Kregda: = Goblinoid, and two nonexistant races listed being Vorka and Mourkra.....Those were my take on how to make Orc playable, the concept so sound I believe that I'd like to see them in the language.

To that end, just as with all the language, a bit of interpretation is key when using it. As an example a more savage based Orc you'd call Ut'Kregda'fed or Mourkra, a more civilized being Ut'kregda'sot or Vorka, Goblins splitting the two.

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Postby Kaytoo on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Currently listed Moragan Hammer Characters....

Ealga Icetongue ~ Female, Warrior
Fenrouw Grimfang ~ Male, Hamr’fed
Herte`sot ~ Female, Common
Jorundr Wulfsbane ~ Male, Warrior, possibly Rumiel
Karltor ~ Male, son of the previous Moragan or Chief / currently outcast.
Kaytoo ~ Female, Common, Proclaimed Moragan tem da Dachvst, title abdicated.
Kazin ~ Male, Warrior
Kedira ~ Female, Warrior
Korgewrath ~ Male, Common, Traitor to faith, Currently Grand Duke of Stormbringer’s Empire
Kronos ~ Male, Warrior
Moralynn ~ Female, Warrior
Nicos (NPC) ~ Male, Warrior
Valkstea ~ Female, Common
Ruiseart ~ Male, Warrior
Valla ~ Female, Common

If you have a character which is Hamr and not listed above, please post in this thread (as there are simply too many barbarian characters for me to sort through).

K2
Kaytoo
Adept
Adept

Return to Archives