Drusilda/Minotaur/Warrior

Only approved herm characters, post your details here.

Moderators: Annwyn, Simplicity, Kerianna

Drusilda/Minotaur/Warrior

Postby InsanityVixen on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Drusilda's birth was kept quiet by those involved, for a dark reason. Drusilda, born with the organs of male and female, was a cursed being. An omen to her family, one that would be forever clouded in evil thoughts. Drusilda's father was one of the most rare of Minotaurs. He was allowed to come back to his homeland, once he had been examined thoroughly by the heads of each clan. His vast knowledge of the outside and his metallurgy prowess brought prosperity to his homeclan, making those of the Ilnaraem kingdom very powerful. It did not take long for women to notice and to try and sway him into bed, wanting to bear his children, for the very reason of being a part of the wealth he had accrued through spreading his knowledge, and sharing his skills. Only one woman though, would have success. One woman would be able to win his mind, body, and soul. After months of being together, they had shared a grand night of passion, spreading the seed of passion and love.

More time would pass. The two would become married as her belly had begun to grow. The day had come for his mate to give birth and after many a grueling hour, Drusilda was born. What was to be a happy time, ended up becoming the worst. Family and wetnurse were paid to be quiet, unless they wished to be punished for heresy, and branded a liar. Drusilda grew up, learning the tools of the trade her father was a master of, learning how to craft metal and repair any weapon or armor, whether it be wood, metal, cloth or leather that was brought forth. Around her thirteenth spring, however, one of her uncles had gotten drunk, too drunk to keep secrets. The word spread about Drusilda's unfortunate situation, and within almost a year's time, the words had spread to the ear of the elders in each clan. The man who had brought prosperity to the Minotaur people, had also doomed them. Every gold ring minotaur had taken arms, and had prepared themselves and their guards to take the 'abomination' as they called her, by force, if need be.

As the family slept, preparing for a large feast to mark Drusilda's forteenth year, the doors were busted down by the larger minotaurs, who spilled into the large home. Servants screamed, blood splattered as those of the family who could fight, were slain under the terrible might of the warlords from the Thaedas kingdom. Drusilda, having had a horrible nightmare, had awoken to the sound of a scream. She looked above her bed, and saw several of the most horrid sights she could see, several minotaur men and women, bloodied, and weapons unsheathed, ready to cut her, rend her apart. That is when she heard the voice of her father, "What is going on!? I see you slaughtering my family, but why?! Have we not been good to you? Have I not given you Thaedan people strong armor and powerful weapons? Have I not spread my knowledge of the outside world so that we can continue thriving as a people?! Why have you slain my family? What has brought you here under this banner of hatred, and bloodlust?" That is when one of the largest minotaur male stepped forward, "Words of your treachery have passed to our ears, boy. You have an abomination, created from your loins, your cursed seed, a child that is not one gender, but TWO! You mock the Gods by having kept her alive! She should've died long ago, now you have cursed everyone who has ever aided you, who has ever sought your help in any shape or form."

For the longest time, her father stared at the man, and then with a look at her, he smiled and turned to the mob, "You wish to kill my child, my family, over something so petty? You say she's cursed. You mean to call her imperfect. She is the greatest thing I have ever created. She was created from the love my wife and I shared many years ago. You want to kill her, you want to hurt her, then you must first kill me. I have knowledge of things you still do not understand, I have knowledge of ways to protect our people, that you will never understand. You must kill me, and in such, kill everything you fear, before I will ever let you harm my most perfect creation. I only ask this if you choose to kill me. Let the girl go. Banish her. She is still too young. Let her at least have a life before you destroy it."

As if they were all thinking the answer, a loud, unified snort was given, while the warlord grunted and growled low, "Fine. She will be barred from ever entering our lands. She will only come back once, when she is forty springs old. Then, she will judged upon the life she lived. If, and only if, she delivers a report that we find satisfactory, by which, she will have had to lead a life of perfection. If she lives a uncursed life, she will live, and she may have this very home. If she gives a report, and we find that she is liable for the cursed life she led, then she will die. And her death will not be quick. She will be cut, beat, whipped, burned, every single way we can think of to torture her, she will live through, before we kill her and eliminate her taint from our lives. Do we make ourselves clear?" Her father looked at her once more, "Crystal. May I say goodbye to my child?" He did not wait for an answer, he brushed aside the minotaurs, and kneeled at his daughter's side, "My sweet daughter. You must go out like I did. You must live your life as well as possible. I will always lo-" "Daddy, I don't want to go...Why can't I stay here with you? Why do they want to hurt our family so bad? Why do they think I am a curse? What did I do, daddy?" He shook his head, tears falling from his eyes, "You did nothing wrong, sweetie. You cannot stay here, because these people do not understand how unique and beautiful you are." He whispered softly then, "Those who are incapable of comprehending that which they do not know, fear it, loathe it. They do not understand you, therefor they fear you. And fear makes people do horrible things." He sighed, and kissed her forehead softly, "I love you. And I will see you again." He knew it was a lie, he would never see her again, he spoke a bit louder, "These men will likely take you out to the world beyond our own, and there, maybe give you training so you can better defend yourself against the harsh world ahead. Give you some supply. They may think ill of you, but you are still a living, breathing Minotaur." He stood up, and then walked to the entrance of the room, and walked out, "Keep her here while business is attended to. Never let her see me again for goodbyes. Do for me, this last request, before you send her out." And then, he disappeared.

Drusilda had been taught the basics of fighting. How to strike, dodge, parry, even using a bit of magick, just to show all the ways to defend ones' self. By the time she was out of the mountains, she was fifteen. Each day that passed when she was out in the wilds of Belariath, defending from wild animals, she was thinking of her father, his words, and how much she wished she could've seen him again. Wishing he could have imparted more words of wisdom to her. Months would pass, and each month seemed worse, constantly attacked by wild animals, by feral humanoid creatures, who wanted food, and on occasion, as she got older, wanted her for pleasure.

Five years have passed since her exile. Six years without her father and family. Half-way until she could come back home and tell her father of all she had done since she was left to the strange world outside of the Vale.
Mysiq Vlia, Kerrigan Enchikra-Lyxteric, Dritchani, Kierstiq, Britanie Darkflare, Al`vur Nek, Nuemalyys Orlausck, Drusilda, Amalia, Oar, Jyles.
InsanityVixen
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Approved Herms