Simple mirc login script

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

Simple mirc login script

Postby Nylan on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:40 am

I thought I'd post this in case it helped anyone out. The commands themselves are fairly straightforward, but the "timer" lines add a slight pause in between running the commands just to help space them out and make sure one function has completed before moving on to the next one. In my experience it helps, but it may work without it. where I have all caps put in, replace that with your IRC nickname, IRC password, Belariath character name, and belariath character password. In my case the password and nicks are all identical, but if yours aren't you'll see from where i have it typed out and from the context which you should use.

This only works for mIRC as far as I know. You'll need to click the little scroll icon called "Scripts Editor" and then go to the "Aliases" tab.

Code: Select all
/IRCNICK{
  /ns ghost IRCNICK IRCPASSWORD
  .timer 1 1 /nick IRCNICK
  .timer 1 1 /ns id IRCPASSWORD
  .timer 1 1 /msg desdaemona !login BELPASSWORD BELCHARNAME
  .timer 1 4 /msg desdaemona !voice
}

What this does, in order is:
Ghost's your nick (does nothing if you don't have a ghost to get rid of)
Changes to your nick (does nothing if you are already on the proper nick)
ID's through nickserv
Logs into Desdaemona
Gets you voiced in case Des forgets (she sometimes does, especially when she's feeling unwell)

This can also be helpful for changing between characters with a single command.

Hopefully this helps someone!
Nylan
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Simple mirc login script

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:15 am

Please note that for the login to Des to work you'll need to be in at least one TLI channel :)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Balard on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:33 pm

yep so you could do a /join #lonely_Inn_ooc between the irc password and login to des
Balard
Expert
Expert

Postby Amethine on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Balard wrote:yep so you could do a /join #lonely_Inn_ooc between the irc password and login to des

Based on my own experience, that wouldn't work. (At least, not in Icechat, the IRC I use). It takes a second or two to actually join a channel after the command's been put out, it's not instant. So the call to join OOC is made, then the next lines of logging in are made while attempting to join the channel, meaning the /msg to Des results in Des saying "You're not in any of my channels" and screws up the whole thing.

If there's a sleep command I'm not aware of, that'd solve everything, since you can just sleep the script for a second while the connection is made, but as I say I'm not aware of it.
Amethine Tawariell is the main catgirl.
Felicia`Delacroix is the naughty catgirl.
All the catgirl's just wanna have fun!

If you like this wax-seal, I could make one for your too. PM or hit me up in IRC if you're interested :)
Thank you Abby for drawing the amazing pic I'm using as the avatar!
Amethine
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Balard on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:03 pm

The setup i have in mirc works, but i will give it a test run with that script.
Edit: yeah didn't work, so a Mirc user needs to add the join to perform.
Balard
Expert
Expert

Postby Farvel on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Amethine wrote:
Balard wrote:yep so you could do a /join #lonely_Inn_ooc between the irc password and login to des

Based on my own experience, that wouldn't work. (At least, not in Icechat, the IRC I use). It takes a second or two to actually join a channel after the command's been put out, it's not instant. So the call to join OOC is made, then the next lines of logging in are made while attempting to join the channel, meaning the /msg to Des results in Des saying "You're not in any of my channels" and screws up the whole thing.

If there's a sleep command I'm not aware of, that'd solve everything, since you can just sleep the script for a second while the connection is made, but as I say I'm not aware of it.

I've had an autologin script in icechat for ages, with the login command one line below the join ooc command. Works like a charm. No idea why it doesn't work for you.

You could try adding a line of gibberish between both commands to force the program to process it while it's joining the channel. Maybe that will help?
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Nylan on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 pm

I autojoin the OOC when I connect so that's not an issue for me lol. But yes, as Ehl says, you'll need to be in at least 1 TLI channel before you run it.
Nylan
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Balard on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:39 am

Yeah i tried to set up the timer with the join of the Lonely_inn_ooc and it wouldn't and it was in scripts too. But in Mirc perform i have got this setup, it works good for me.

/nick name
/msg nickserv name password
/join #lonely_Inn_ooc
4 other joins and rooms
/query Desdaemona
/msg Desdaemona !login name password
Balard
Expert
Expert

Return to Public Service