APRIL 8 SORCERY ISSUES

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

APRIL 8 SORCERY ISSUES

Postby Naomi on Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:08 pm

[14:05] (+Pipistrelle) Chanserv, Nickserv, Infoserv, Gameserv... basically anything with *serv (SERVICES) is down. You do not need to re-register unless there's a network announcement that says so. Once services comes back up, the registration information will still be there unless something drastic happens and they have to roll services back to an earlier version. Feel free to copy and paste this as often
[14:05] (+Pipistrelle) as needed to keep people informed.

[14:07] (+Pipistrelle) Go ahead if you want to. Might want to add to connect to aesir.sorcery.net instead of irc.sorcery.net for those using irccloud, etc.
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Naomi
Predominate
Predominate

Re: APRIL 8 SORCERY ISSUES

Postby Naomi on Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:35 pm

[14:34] (+Pipistrelle) Alright, final update for now: In the meantime, go ahead and reregister nicks and channels. If the database comes back up, it will sync and be fine.
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Naomi
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Pipistrelle on Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:38 pm

Basically, last night the network hub was lost, and the chanserv and nickserv databases were wiped prior to the huge netsplit we all saw. It is unclear if it was done maliciously. Services are back up, but the database may be permanently lost. Please reregister your nicks and channels, and if the database is restored it will sync up and return as normal.
Pipistrelle
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Adonai on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:01 pm

Sadly still down for me, but glad we know about it.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Serena on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:48 pm

was able to connect via aesir.sorcery.net
Theressa Annaert, Pledged Lifelong Bondmate to Allivia Annaert and Lady of the Annaert Household
Player of Theressa, Kytte{Naya}, Vonni and Remlie.
Serena
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomi on Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:17 am

themis.sorcery.net will also connect
Naomi
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:45 pm

the issue seems to have been solved.
Current theory disc failure that went unotice untill the right person poked the right person... things are restored.
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Return to Public Service