UPDATED ** Voodoo2 Roleplayers Script for mIRC 7+

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

UPDATED ** Voodoo2 Roleplayers Script for mIRC 7+

Postby Freakuancy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 am

Posted with the expressed permission of Elthorion.

Greetings and salutations.

First things first, READ THE README FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. It's not a complicated setup in the least but there's a few rules you'll want to follow.

Screenshots and download link are at the bottom.

Last year I released a cut-and-color script that seemed to get a pretty good reception. A lot of users came back with feature requests and after a long hiatus I've finally put everything together into a new version of the script, the appropriately (if somewhat obviously) named Voodoo2. No space. It's important.

The current version of the script is release 2.4. If there's anything you find that seems a little wonky, feel free to let me know and I'll have an update available pretty much immediately.

Here's the short list of new features. You'll notice several that are specific to DarkMyst.org IRC, but rest assured that with the exclusion of those three commands, the script will work on any network, and enjoys full multi-network support.

Cut Script: Customize your trailing, leading and ending text easily. Or turn it off entirely to rely on mIRC's built in cut function.

Auto Color: Input text is processed and colorized according to the active profile. Colors can be easily changed by profile. Text is processed based on the /me command (action) or normal input (default) and any opening and closing notations.

PNicks: "Pseudo Nicks" as coined by the old Switchblade script. Append a character name to the first paragraph of every post. This can be customized and saved by profile.

Paragraph Breaks: Players can write more naturally and note paragraph breaks as they would in formal writing using the "\" character. The script automatically processes this as a new paragraph and will start text following it on a new post. Note that this only takes effect on posts long enough to cut, so that you may safely paste URL's or otherwise use the "\" character normally.

DarkMyst.org Custom Command Cut Function: Get around that pesky mIRC buffer limit and write long, elaborate /npc, /npca and /scene posts. Voodoo2 uses its own aliases for these commands and natively cuts any lengthy posts automatically and correctly. This feature works by default, and will function regardless of whether or not you're using the script's cut function or mIRC's.

Notifications: Never miss an RP post again. Configure a pop up in the notification area of the system tray for when you have mIRC minimized or behind windows.

Character Storage: Add a picture and bio to your profile. Descriptions saved can be sent to the active window for quick character appearance info; similar to auto-descs of old. Pictures can be sent on command to users selected in the nick list.

Notes: Bring up a note pad in mIRC based on your active profile to store RP details, interesting tidbits or quotes, or anything that you can think of. Good for GMs notes, experience gains, dice rolls etc.

You can download the script here. I've taken a lot of player input during the creation process and I'd be happy to take more, so please feel free to send feedback to freakuancy@gmail.com or IM on AIM:Freakuancy.

Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Re: Voodoo2 Roleplayers Script for mIRC 7+

Postby Freakuancy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Just a quick update, I fixed a couple of things. The file on the main posts' download link has been replaced.

Fixed:

Support for script paths with spaces in them
Support for DarkMyst Gameserv commands

If you guys find anything else let me know. Will be switching it over to proper 2.0 release once I have some feedback and am sure its stable.

Note: You will need to re-initialize the script after replacing the file. Channel and Query Default Settings will need to be reset in the Script Options
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Freakuancy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 am

...and again, quickly updated with a small fix.
You can just reload the script, nothing will be lost.
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Freakuancy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 am

And again lol. It's amazing how much stuff suddenly pops up when its out in the wild.

* Some instances where the profile wasn't being refreshed after editing have been corrected
* /describe and /sayinfo now properly work in queries
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Freakuancy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 am

Kind of getting the feeling no one cares. Should I stop updating this forum?
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Rynar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:27 am

i wouldn't stop updateing it you never know who uses it and thi could be helpful to them dont get discourged cause noone replies.
Rynar
Initiate
Initiate

Postby lyllamarie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 am

I care, I just installed it!
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Freakuancy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 am

Oh good. It wasn't a matter of discouragement, so much as not wanting to keep updating these forums if nobody was bothering with it. Even one user is enough though.
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Rynar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:53 am

I am curious does this run as part of mIRC cause thats what im useing and i have paid for it o i dont wanna download another rpogram but f it works with what i have i might consider useing it cause it does look like it could be helpful.
Rynar
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Freakuancy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 am

Yes, this is a script that runs within mIRC, not a separate application.
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Rynar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:05 am

ok i must be really stupid cause i still cant figure out how to load it X_X
Rynar
Initiate
Initiate

Postby lyllamarie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 am

Once it's downloaded to your desktop and unzipped, open mIRC, go to Scripts Editor, then in Scripts Editor, click on File > Load, find the folder with the voodoo2.mirc file. Click Open. It will give you a small box warning that it needs to initialize. Click Yes.

You will also find a 'READ ME' txt file in the downloaded folder, and it will have further instructions.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby Rynar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 am

yay got it now to figure everything else out
Rynar
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Freakuancy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 am

Detailed instructions are in the README file. Short version -

Unzip the file to a directory you can easily access, such as a folder in My Documents.
All of the files in the zip need to go into a single directory (there's only 4).
Start or switch to mIRC if it is already started.
Go to the Tools menu in mIRC and click Scripts Editor
In the window that appears, go to the File menu and click Load
In the File Selection menu that appears, find the voodoo2.mrc file in the folder you unzipped everything to and select it.
It will ask if you want to Allow Initialization. Click "Yes".
The script will go through a short initialization routine and then present you with the dialog to create your first profile.

Thats about it!
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Postby Freakuancy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am

If anything isn't working as expected just let me know, I don't bite. It's a not-quite-there release, I'm honestly kinna relying on you guys to tell me about anything that's broken so I can fix it before I release it officially.
Freakuancy
Novice
Novice

Next

Return to Public Service