Computer trouble.

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

Computer trouble.

Postby Garthel on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 am

Anyone know a decent amount about aesus computers? I'm having trouble with mine.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Re: Computer trouble.

Postby L`aquera on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Define 'Trouble' dear ;) Exactly what kind of trouble?
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Garthel on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I guess saying what's wrong with it would help huh.

Ok. So when I try to turn my computer on it goes to just a black screen. But my mouse pointer is on the screen and I can move it around but that's it.

So then I do a hard shutoff and turn it back on and let it go through the searching for errors program and it doesn't find any. Then I turn it back on and it goes to the black screen again.

Every once in a while it will actually turn on correctly and work fine. Then I just try not to turn it off so I don't have to go through the crap mention above. I've tried to figure of out myself and have had no luck.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby Garthel on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Ok so now its doing somethinf different and turning on but then goes to blank white screen. I can hit ctrl/alt / delete and it will got to that screen but as soon as I exit that screen it comes back.

I have windows 7 by the way.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby L`aquera on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Sounds like windows 7 took a large crap. If the computer is under warranty its time to contact the company. If it is not, you have a few options;

1; You can try a fresh instal of your OS or

2; It might be either video chip, inverter, screen or drivers

It would be easy to replace the drivers with the latest from Hp`s support website and they as well have a fix it program there in case its a virus.. which is more then possible as well.

If you can get into safe mode and run your antivirus I would advise such a task first, then go the site and update what you can and download the fix it. But.. these are only recommendations and might not be the cure all. The last thing you can do is find a local computer shop that might take a look and quote you a price to fixing it. Cross your fingers its something you can do.

Good luck hun
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Garthel on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 am

Looks like you were right L and it windows 7 not starting correctly. Ended up doing a system recovery and it looks like it fixed it. Luckily I only had a couple things that mattered saved on the hard drive. Now I just have to reinstall all my games and crap. Oh well at least it works. Thanx again for your help.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Return to Public Service