Various Helpful Scripts

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

Various Helpful Scripts

Postby Daimyon on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 pm

AUTO LOGIN SCRIPT
I wrote this up because I was tired of doing all these tasks manually. This is a simple script that you would paste into the remote tab (alt+R), same place cut scripts go, to have mirc perform whatever commands you would normally do.

Code: Select all
on *:CONNECT:{
  if ($regex($server,^(.*)\.sorcery\.(.*)$) == 1) {
    /msg nickserv ghost <nickname> <password>
    /nick <nickname>
    /nickserv identify <password>
    /join #lonely_inn_ooc
    /msg Desdaemona !login <password> <char name>
  }
}

That will automatically ghost your nick if you were randomly disconnected, change your nick, identify with Nickserv, join the ooc channel and login with Des as soon as you hit the connect button.
EDIT: Much thanks to Ehlanna for figuring out how to change this script to function only when joining Sorcery.

CHARACTER CHANGE SCRIPT
Here's a little something to automate the process of changing characters. You'd place this script under Aliases.

/<char name>  | /msg Desdaemona !logout  |  /nick <char name>  | /msg nickserv identify <password>  | /msg Desdaemona !login <password> <char name>

The first char name in bold can be any command you want, I just find it easier to associate it with whatever character you're changing into. This will change your nick, identify, and login with Des. Additional commands can be added by adding two spaces then | (shift + \) another space and then the command.

AUTO IDENTIFY AND LOGIN
I wrote this code to identify a nickname change and automatically sign you out of Des, then identify with nickserv, and log back into Des. Although, the nick change script will do this, this is just another way of going about it.

On *:notice:*This nickname is registered and protected.*:?:{
  if ($me == nickname) {
    /msg Desdaemona !logout
    /msg nickserv identify password
    /timer 1 2 /msg Desdaemona !login password nickname
  }
  if ($me == nickname) {
    /msg Desdaemona !logout
  }
  if ($me == nickname) {
    /msg Desdaemona !logout
  }
}

This code identifies when Nickserv sends the notice that the nickname is registered and uses that to trigger the code. It can be repeated for as many nicknames as you have, and goes in the Remote tab of the scripts. The timer code on the login line is to give Des a chance to log you out first, then log back in. If you are finding that it's not working, try using /timer 1 3 to give a 3 second delay before it logs you into Des.

POPUP LIST OF COMMONLY USED COMMANDS
This is a script that can be added onto, I just find these commands get used more often than others. You would place this under the Nick List popup tab. When you open scripts and click on Popups, click on View from the menu and select Nick List, then just paste these in. They will appear when you right click a character's name in the nick list of mirc and make life a little easier.

TLI Commands
.Description:/msg Desdaemona !desc $$1
.Give Money:say !money give $$1 $?="How much mhl?" mhl $?="How much cop?" cop
.Give Item:/msg Desdaemona !item give $$1 $?="Item Name?"
.Item Information:/msg Desdaemona !itemstat $?="Item Number?"
.Sell Item:say !itemsell $$1 $?="Item Number?" $?="How much mhl?" mhl
.Spell Information:/msg Desdaemona !list spell $?="Spell Name?"
.Mail List:/msg Desdaemona !mail list
.Read Mail:/msg Desdaemona !mail read $?="Mail number?"
.Delete Mail:/msg Desdaemona !mail delete $?="Delete which number?"
.Logout:/msg Desdaemona !logout

Here's how to get there... While on the popups tab, click View and select Nick List

Once that is selected, paste in the code like this

NEW TO TLI?
A great post by Adonai, detailing everything a new player would need to know about the game
Click Here!

P.S. If you are looking for something a little more customized, or a script for something specific, let me know and I'll be glad to help if I can.
Last edited by Ehlanna on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correcting the if statement in the ON CONNECT
Daimyon
Novice
Novice

Return to Public Service