How to Ignore via host mask

Useful items for all visitors - virus warnings, firewalls, IRC scripts etc

Moderators: Ehlanna, Twerlinger

How to Ignore via host mask

Postby L`aquera on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:13 pm

Is that pesky permanently banned or just pesky person constantly PM'ing you to harass or otherwise rant and rave and throw fits in your PM finally getting to you? There are several ways to do a /ignore command. There is the normal /ignore nick but what if they are a nick changer and you are utterly frustrated? Heres how you can take control!

There is a way to put a Hostmask/IP on ignore for mirc..

/ignore *!*@FABC6A2C.DFA6173C.7C53B1B4.IP ALL <---IE like this or

*!*@*.7C53B1B4.IP
Ignores all users with given domain.

/ignore *!*@*.7C53B1B4.IP CTCP CHAN
Ignores channel messages and CTCP's of all users with domain ".7C53B1B4.IP"; "CCAD5B2F.BCB9064D.7C53B1B4.IP", "BC6B3C8B.ACB8151A.7C53B1B4.IP" etc.

*!*@54.321.789.245
Ignores all users with given IP only.

/ignore *!*@54.321.789.245 NOTI PRIV
Ignores private messages and notices of users with host "54.321.789.245".

*!*@*.icq.com
Ignores all users with given domain.

/ignore *!*@*.icq.com INVI
Ignores invites of all users with domain "icq.com"; "host32-f034.icq.com", "ircq-net.icq.com" etc.

Ignore all messages from mask *!*@*.icq.com, but allow channel and private messages from Friend!Buddy@*.icq.com

/ignore *!*@*.icq.com ALL

/ignore Friend!Buddy@*.icq.com CHAN PRIV UNIGNORE
This means all messages from everyone using the mask *!*@*.icq.com wil be ignored except channel and private messages from Friend.

You can also read this to explain better, oldie but goodie here or this is helpful to any and all wanting to know for yourself :D

Don't be afraid to be proactive when you feel you're on your last string with someone being this pesky. Google is your friend and you can find anything and any answer if you know how to dig. OR!~ You can ask me and I don't mind digging for you and placing helpful hints here. Some are for Starchats and what not, doesn't matter the irc client or program you are using.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: How to Ignore via host mask

Postby Odharnait on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:34 pm

I must be an oldie... because that all looks like jibberish, I hope everyone else understands that!
huh wha?
Odharnait
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Public Service