Hurricane Matthew check-in thread

Chat about anything you find interesting outside this game world.

Moderator: windira

Hurricane Matthew check-in thread

Postby CallieO on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:59 pm

This thread is for all those who are in the path of Hurricane Matthew, to let us know that you've gotten through it okay.

I live in Hampton Roads, Virginia, which is not expected to be in the path of the storm. Which isn't to say I'm not keeping an eye on it.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Hurricane Matthew check-in thread

Postby Ryke Masha on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:02 pm

I live in the southern center part of nc. It isn't excepted to hit me but still a lot of rain and wind with possible power outage
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Holy shit it must be serious

Postby CallieO on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Waffle House is closing seven locations along Florida's east coast, meaning they've declared a Red on the Waffle House Index. This is significant because the company generally does everything in its power to keep its locations open, even during major natural disasters.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Adonai on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:56 am

Ya, as callie said, if wafflehouse is closed RUN >.>
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby CallieO on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Mom and I went on a church trip to DC yesterday, and ran up against Matthew on the way back. There are several areas of our hometown of Suffolk that are flooded. Based on road conditions, we ended up staying the night at the church last night.

We left this morning (service was cancelled), and have made it home safely.
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Beyond Belariath