Thank god thats over

Chat about anything you find interesting outside this game world.

Moderator: windira

Thank god thats over

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Is anyone else happy this elections over? I am. Regardless of who you vote for or whatever, it was.. probably the single worst election Ive ever seen, and I saw Bill get elected the second time.. if you voted that year youd remember it was a heck of a mudslinging contest.. it was pretty lame.
anywho, just glad its over now we can argue about more important crap, like whose mithril is the shiniest. Lol.
Cause that was, pardon my french, the dumbest bullshit in the way of rp ever. :) it artificially creates malice and thats probably why they say dont discuss politics or religion amongst peers. Im glad its over. I dont even really care about the results!
Soooo.. how are you today?
Don't mind me, Im just passing through. :)
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: Thank god thats over

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Also, please if you reply lets keep specific politics put of it. No need to argue whose better, its over its a moot point, (they both suck if ya ask me) please try to keep it to general comments if possible.. if you disagree with my statement above, I dont mind opening a dialogue as long as we dont get bogged down in specifics.
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Phaing on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:06 am

i don't know if this is too specific, but I have had it with these asshole-bastards that are out there rioting!!

Up the road in Portland it has been going on for 3 nights in a row and it looks like it may happen again. Each times it gets more violent and it is a miracle nobody has been killed yet... especially with the way they run around smashing car windows and waving knives at women and small children.

If you know anyone that is bragging about being involved in this shit, please let them know that this is NOT COOL and if they have any heart they should turn in the ring-leaders to the Cops.
Enough is enough!
Phaing
Adept
Adept

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 pm

I agree. i mean, whats the point of what theyre doing? I havent really seen one. So why do it?
Time for someone to grow up and say hey, we lost, ok, its done. Id loke to say if the situation was reversed it wouldnt have happened but we both know thats malarky. Truth is I think THOSE people would have rioted anyways, the very same ones simply because its about spreading fear and anarchy to unravel what is.

I think we should do boxing ring elections.. put the candidates in a locked steel cage.. as an additional part of the election process, maybe it will also give future candidates pause to realize a good president is more than a politician or a diplomat, he is more than just a brawler; he has to be all of them. Also maybe it will quell peoples want for blood too.. and since it isnt a fight to the death, (or maybe it should be! But maybe not.) I guess the risk/reward balance is still there.
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Stormbringer on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:41 pm

These would be the same politicians who dodge the draft and pay for their kids to be exempt? Like that's going to happen!

Personally I am sick of every politician and religious leader who pushes their unwanted obsessions down everyone's throats. Especially, but not confined to, those who take the do as I say, not as I do, line in their hypocrisy. To say nothing of their dimwitted supporters who believe they will actually live up to campaign promises.

It's time I was running the world!
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Tehya on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:20 pm

*Applauds* that idea =D>
Tehya

Postby L`aquera on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Don't applaud that, he'll have everyone getting him coffee an baked taters and I'll be bored to tears... :cry:
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Phaing on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Stormbringer wrote:...

It's time I was running the world!

I thought you were.... ?

The one that makes sense, I mean.
Phaing
Adept
Adept

Postby Tehya on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:55 pm

But L you would be first lady and have all those designers making gowns of fire. :P
Tehya

Return to Beyond Belariath