GOG.COM

Chat about anything you find interesting outside this game world.

Moderator: windira

GOG.COM

Postby Stormbringer on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Just came across this site. It has a load of old games on it and generally they have been fixed to run on Windows 10.

I found two that I had given up on being able to ever play again and no doubt I'll be back there.

Worth a look if you like retro or miss being able to play your old favourites.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: GOG.COM

Postby Naomh on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:17 pm

The site itself is amazing and they're not strictly old games, they have one of the Witcher games since it was originally released if I recall for instance, and they have some other indie games. Their focus, however, is older games.

Their goal is to take old games, update them to work on modern OS's, and to strip them of any DRM (Digital Rights Management... copyright protection). I've gotten the original Fallout game and a few others with them. Much love for Good Old Games.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Scathien on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:43 am

GOG has a very good selection and generally the games are sold DRM free as well if I recall correctly. I tend to go with Steam but sometimes GOG has stuff that Steam doesn't and that's usually the second place I will check.
Scathien
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby Adonai on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:54 am

Atm, they have a steam like client, called Galaxy as well.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Balard on Wed May 31, 2017 11:26 am

GOG currently has the new Gwent game from the witcher series if anyone is interested, it is currently in public beta.
Balard
Expert
Expert

Return to Beyond Belariath