Go Cart Grand Prix!

Chat about anything you find interesting outside this game world.

Moderator: windira

Go Cart Grand Prix!

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 am

This weekend the local radio stations are holding the first ever go kart Grand Prix, and guess who has the #11 entry?!?!?
Well, maybe not the eleventh but I was in the top twenty (and thats after a week of mulling it over!)
That doesnt include local radio and television personalities, but when they opened the enrollment I was at the head of the pack.

And in that spirit...

I am gonna have my wife (if she decides to go) film and photograph the races. And, me in the victory circle, because I am going with only one goal in mind: might makes right. And baby, when it comes to small wheels on the ground.. boy, am I mighty.

That doesnt mean there isnt a serious, though remote chance, Ill lose. My own ego, my physical conditioning, and a few other factors could trip me up. Hey, I am honest enough to believe though, if I dont get ahead of myself and concentrate on what I am good at, I am gonna give them hell in a way theyve never seen before.

So, whatever youre doing on Sunday June 18 at 0800 EST, Say a well-wish or a prayer for me. And! If I DO pull this off I promise you all a picture of me in that winners circle! (Ill even break my own rule about showing my shining countenance for people to see.)

So.. wish me luck. This weekend youll all be riding shotgun with me, just so you know. ;)
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: Go Cart Grand Prix!

Postby Marena on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 am

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :D
Player of:
Marena - "Take a breath, Rest your head....." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ATjxh-pwlQ
Rowan Capell
Marena
Adept
Adept

Postby CallieO on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 am

Good luck! Have fun! Take lots of pictures! STAY SAFE!!
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Adonai on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Take a lot of blue turtle shells and banana peels. (don't really but yeah lol)
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 am

Marena: ;)
callie: don't worry Im taking my safety gear including my, MY helmet. ;) my momma didnt raise any fools. A couple of nut jobs, sure.. but no fools. ;)
Adonai: Ha! If only getting into the winners' circle were that easy! But ty.

Seriously, ty one and all. Ill be hitting this thread one last time just before the first race but after qualifiers. (Theres a chance I couod get eliminated in the qualifiers.. lets hope not.)
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 pm

So. That happened.

I was disqualified from racing asthe team I was supposed to be a part of apparently did not need me.

I know I promised pictures but there were none to take. And I do not plan on entering ever again. That door is slammed shut, lets hope another opens somewhere..
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Lozen on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:06 am

Will you still be go-carting?
Lozen
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Wadeywade on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 am

Sadly, no. Ill have to stick to what I know, mini and pocket-bikes. :(
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Sakkara on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm

So no crashing...MY ADVICE WORKS!!
Sakkara
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Beyond Belariath