How'd you find us?

Chat about anything you find interesting outside this game world.

Moderator: windira

How'd you find us?

Postby CallieO on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 pm

This is a thread for us all to post our "How did you find Belariath?" stories.

For me, it happened in 2006. I'd been playing as aquatic monster Oku and redhaired schoolgirl Callie O'Reilly for awhile in Stormbringer's other RP world, Shokushu College. Two of my friends, who play Annwyn and Kerianna here, invited me to come over to Belariath to see if I'd like it better over here. And I did, and I've been with Belariath ever since, aside from some brief sabbaticals when I had two nervous breakdowns and went to school.

Incidentally, Callie O'Reilly was total rapebait, but Callie Volopa hasn't ever been raped even once, aside from an apocryphal story I once submitted to the legends category, which I eventually asked to be taken down.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Re: How'd you find us?

Postby BlackDawn on Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:50 pm

I used to play freeform rp here on Sorcery, with a friend of mine. We had vampire, and daywalker characters. When he died in summer of 2017, I took a break. When I came back, I still wanted to get into rp again and that's when I looked up on the server channel list, and saw a channel called #lonely_inn_ooc which was the channel that was most populated on the list. So I went to check it out, and made my first character here - my healer Astoreth Arhan, she was made in August 2017 . BlackDawn was my second made character, and quickly became my main one. I've stayed here ever since, as I like the lvling system here, the world the rp is based on, the community. :)
Official Seal of BlackDawn
BlackDawn
Adept
Adept

Postby Adonai on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 pm

I don't know it was farrrrr toooo long ago, hahaha. I just remember being on the old server and seeing here once in a while.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Ehlanna on Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:22 am

Like Callie my origins were with Shokushu. Heard tell that a new 'thing' was being set up that was more in the fantasy area and peeked in, and stayed!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Rida_Cherryglade on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:23 am

Welp this is going to sound so typical given my reputation with Ronja... But i have a very good memory of how and why i found belariath. Ive been rping in this format for quite some time but its been through other chat means then irc had never heard of irc... But one day i searched on google something like fantasy adult rp centaur... perhaps with some other search term that i dont remember now... and i found my self scrolling down long enough to encounter the link to the belariath web page.
Rida_Cherryglade
Expert
Expert

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:49 pm

I think it was chatting with Katarein (owner of sabina) who started the idea while we were in SHS. We worked on things like the silly combat system and the races and so on. Ehl was involved very early too, as were several others. So it was never a one person creation even though I had the ability to make the web site.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Eucep on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:44 pm

I was around 20 when I dove into some furry irc chats, via those I came to meet someone from here who told me about Belariath and SHS. I think I visited both at the same time and mostly stuck to Belariath, this was in 2000 or 2001 iirc.
It's good to be evil.
Eucep
Expert
Expert

Postby Malekith on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:19 pm

Long long ago, I was a student in graduate school, working on getting my PhD, and I was not loving it, so I turned to RP on a different site that was on IRC and star wars related. That was where I met the player of Cirri. She saw that I was a good RPer and invited me here, and I have been here ever since. I made Malekith in early January 2013, and next year, I will have been here an entire decade, and I look forward to another decade with all you lovely people after that!
Malekith
Novice
Novice

Postby Kylara on Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 pm

I was just surfing the internet when i can across the sister site to this one. After exploring the site i ran across this place. When i first joined I asked if i could just observe so that i could learn more. Been here for over 17 years now.
Live your life to the fullest as you only have one.
Kylara
Novice
Novice

Postby Stormbringer on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:03 am

If you're interested, the web site was created on 8 March 2001. Shokushu on 20 Dec 1999. IRC channels followed soon after though we weren't on Sorcery originally. Can't recall which server it was. So, yeah, over 20 years and all thanks to you people!
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:40 am

Stormbringer wrote:If you're interested, the web site was created on 8 March 2001. Shokushu on 20 Dec 1999. IRC channels followed soon after though we weren't on Sorcery originally. Can't recall which server it was. So, yeah, over 20 years and all thanks to you people!

It was on DALNet .... ;)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Eucep on Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Ehlanna wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:If you're interested, the web site was created on 8 March 2001. Shokushu on 20 Dec 1999. IRC channels followed soon after though we weren't on Sorcery originally. Can't recall which server it was. So, yeah, over 20 years and all thanks to you people!

It was on DALNet .... ;)

*shudders* Oh I remember DALnet as well as how unstable it was.
It's good to be evil.
Eucep
Expert
Expert

Postby Cangelosi on Fri May 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Portal of Evil in 2001 took me to Shokushu, then found Belariath. Started playing in November.
-post presented by the actual mun of characters Morgan Drakewing and Arnoch Bretail-
Cangelosi
Adept
Adept

Return to Beyond Belariath