Registered Slave Tags

Reporting problems with the site, the database, your character, the IRC channels etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Registered Slave Tags

Postby Azara on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 am

My feeling is that, if the owned slave is active, there's no reason to remove their collar. It's part of that character's identity. If the player is okay with their character being owned by an absent Master/Mistress, then I don't see a good reason for them being "forced" to relinquish that collar. I know that, for some slaves, it would be detrimental for their character to essentially have their collar removed. Also, to simply remove a character's collar without the ACTIVE player's OOC consent seems to go against one of the basic rules of the game. The active player should not be penalized for the inactivity of another. They have no control over such things.

Maybe, a fair compromise would be... if BOTH owner and slave have not been active for ONE YEAR... only then could the tag be released and the slave uncollared.

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:27 am

The channel used to be filled with people and registered tags, but now it's like 3-5 slaves at max online. This will only reduce that even further.

The reason for this has little to do with anything more than the introduction of the concubine. Stormbringer and I spent lot of time coming up the rules and punishments for slave and owner and saying that its unfair to a good slave is all ok but really what happens when one does do something that would require owner being there and they are not? Do we again re write the rules to satisfy those who think the rules we have are bad? I had a collar removed due to an inactive owner before. Yea its hard, but slaves are suppose to have owners and not just wear a collar to keep protection from bad things and have the empire and the ISA take care of them if someone does something bad to them. That is what I was told when it happened to me. So that is just how I see it. One year is more than long enough for a owner to reappear.

The money statement is kinda a wash, as that is just taken out of the base pay. There are a few of us that have more than two slaves, but most don't even notice the difference as we're no longer paid through the automatic des payments. So, at best the money is just never seen anyway since the slave cost is equal to the automatic 20 mhl.

Now I could be wrong but I don't believe the money is paid every month if the player of the owner doesn't log in.
But really the money isn't the big thing for me. The big thing for me is the slave not having an owner in the game for over a year at a time. I can see making an exception if the player of the owner post on the mb about having to leave for a period of time but those whom just disappear without word for that long, well that isn't fair to anyone.
Tawny

Postby Amara on Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Well...

Then you have folks like me. I'll use myself as an example :D

I come around just about every day and poke at the message board for Dev related stuff. I poke my head into IRC often, too.

I have an alt collard .. eeeek, I have 2 alts collard to two different players who are very active. One is here every day, the other is very
regular as well.

One alt [07:54] <Desdaemona> ** Character xxxxxxxxxx was last logged in at 2015-05-12 11:54:58
Other alt [07:55] <Desdaemona> ** Character xxxxxxxxx was last logged in at 2018-11-06 05:07:44

The collars are still wanted by both parties, but there's just not been RP.

On the flip side, I have an alt whom I hardly ever play, but she has 1 slave and 1 conc.
I have offered to remove them.
Both players want to keep their tags.

Bottom line is: You can't make everyone happy.

Do what you gals think needs to be done and submit it.

HC will approve what they feel is best for all.

We all will adjust to what is approved. Grumbles and all!

We will all get used to it.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:40 pm

Code in place in Des, now, to 'prune' tags of extraneous characters when the add is done.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Azara on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:30 am

Thank you, Ehl! *kisses cheek*
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ray`el on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:42 am

Little late to the dance here? but here are a few thoughts.

1. the slave markings with { } in them may have been designed -as- part of the slave. remember? Concubines are a relatively new thing in tli's life span.

2. linking the collar to slavery would literally mean if someone had a bad day or week irl, left a few months as some of us have done due to personal nature, if the slaves choose to uncollar which is fine. the person taking a break could lose their collar.

3. agreed there should be a limit on how long someone is gone before they lose their tag, but should be reasonable. computers break, irl happens and sometimes even you need a break. anything less than a half a year does not seem right. No tosing stones, but I and actually everyone in this thread have been known to take a few months or longer lol.

4. maybe i am just tired. coffee is kicking in, but only special character i have known listed is * which won't work.

and

5 Hokmia is right we need more slaves. Azara and Tawny? Maybe an Auction event? like we find people want take chance for a slavery sale, becomes A Temporary slave (which could be an event.) if they agree becomes perm. just toss some stuff in the sauce lol
Ray`el
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Makatza on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:31 am

I am also for this gone a year good-bye tag, like property. If a person is active and doesn't have a current slave they shouldn't lose it. And maybe if a person switches to wearing a permanent collar-not the SFaW or Day, the person loses an owner tag, until the person switches back if they do- I will use "Adri" as an example of this possibly happening.

I would also like to get rid of the tags that make no bloody sense, no connection to the character name. The reason for the tag is to quickly identify who the owner is, not have to decode it. Some have turned it into a joke.

Ray`el wrote:
5 Hokmia is right we need more slaves. Azara and Tawny? Maybe an Auction event? like we find people want take chance for a slavery sale, becomes A Temporary slave (which could be an event.) if they agree becomes perm. just toss some stuff in the sauce lol

I don't know that Auctions are the answer to more slaves. I join auctions to maybe find an owner for a character I want something for or who just got released or just a temporary lets have fun and explore this. Or to meet new RP partners.

The slaves are stuck with whoever wins them. Whoever has more money or whatever. And yes I understand not all matches work no matter how much we want them to.

Another problem I have experienced over the years with the Auctions. Especially once we added SFaWeek. Rare to get that much RP. I have had people buy my various characters and then they never play. Or maybe I get one "day". Even worse, when there was someone else you are pretty sure you might get a couple Rp's with gets outbid by someone who doesn't RP with the bought slave.
I also stretch out the "week" one of my current bought at auctions is up to technically "Date/Day 2" From an auction 3 months ago.

This isn't only the buyers not playing after. I have bought slaves and they never show, or want to RP. Yes not everyone meshes but at least admit it.

I personally am starting to get back into lets RP for awhile, months instead of a couple weeks. Explore if this is something that has a solid base to continue to both grow. Before the collaring. This after having characters collared for years but like the auction slaves not played with beyond the initial collaring. Worse when the owner player plays with you on other characters during random.
Makatza
Novice
Novice

Postby Tawny on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 am

Makatza is right. For the most part auctions don't work well for long term rp. It wouldn't be fair to say only those that the slave char player wants to rp with can come and bid on them. The slave for a day or week isn't meant to be long term tho that isn't say there hasn't been times it worked out that way. I understand sometimes things don't work out as we might like them too though I have to believe one would not put out money to bid on a slave they didn't wish to rp at least some with. But those kind of auctions have always draw lots of people to them and I will continue to run them as long as it does because I am trying to make rp for people to enjoy and have fun with.
As for tags that don't seem to match the person. I understand the reasoning that some have for not liking them, However the tag is for the ISA to identify the owner not everyone in the empire. There is no way ICly that anyone would know exactly who an owner was by every tag out there. So to me, to think you should be able to know at a glance who the owner is really leans towards OOC info taken IC.
I am more than willing to listen and discuss ideas about slavery in the game with anyone. My PM is always open.
Tawny

Previous

Return to Problems