Registered Slave Tags

Reporting problems with the site, the database, your character, the IRC channels etc

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Registered Slave Tags

Postby Absynthe on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:34 pm

I was just noticing something as I was looking through the options for Registered Slave Tags, and I thought it should be addressed because there are some concerns and overlaps on the website listing.

I would like to also make it very clear, I am not attacking anyone, or trying to be a jerk. I'm merely bringing up something I noticed and hope only to bring attention to it in a way that is well documented and giving some suggestions. There is no criticisms toward anyone, it is just my brain noticing patterns and getting focused on a particular topic. Disclaimer, I am including names of people I know personally and like in my examples to emphasize I'm not being hostile or targeting anyone (I am -very- happy with my Registered tag, personally).

I would also like to suggest the following (if I may be so bold). Make sure to list any Merchandise collars with the the Slaver's Base collaring tag to prevent future confusion or someone claiming it.
So it would appear all together as:

A - Azara : Merchandise collar A-M
MHR - Menhir : Merchandise collar MHR-M
Tam - Tamryn Kathahles : Merchandise collar Tam-M
Etc..

Not all Merchandise collars are listed, so I thought this might clear things up.

Moving on!

There are some big issues, such as individuals with * (Asterisks) or ~ (tildes) around their preferred Initial - because those cannot be used on Sorcery.net in a nick.

Examples:
~V~ - Valytha
~Z~ - Zayla
{*U*} - Uthela

Further, any listed Tags with { } around them when there is already a registered set of Initials or Characters is confusing.
I was under the impression all slave tags must have { } and concubines must have | |. It would be a lot less confusing, and more clearly organized if these sort of things were cleaned up.

Examples:

{AI} - Aina Isil

{E} - Eraelabryn

{fk} - Franco

{gc} - Goraidh Cadwyn

{LuTa} - Asmodai

{Sun`R} - Sunder Rage

There was also a bit of confusion on these Registered Slave Tags listed on the site:

"Auth" - Authgrim

"Bal" - Balard

"Lumi" - Lumio

"Rym" - Rymos Gledrik

-A- - Augustus

/A - Aeria Nighthawk

<aram> - Aramis

<BS> - Banshae

<Jan> - Janousse

<JSB> - Julius

<Mara> - Amara

<tag> - Viviana

<VV> - Velve

<Xay> - Xayvir

Some appeared to be simply a misspelling, such as: /A, but others having "Quotations" around them, or different <parenthesis> which are again, not applicable for IRC nicks. In Viviana's case, she doesn't even have a tag listed.
Also... many of these have a Registered Tag on the Regular list without the odd flanking quotes, parenthesis, etc. (Aeria Nighthawk, Rymos Gledrik, Amara, Balard)

I was also rather confused by the fact there are a number of Registered Slave tags still claimed by people that do not even have a slave or concubine or merchandise slave to warrant keeping the tag. Due to the fact that property in TLI can be lost due to inactivity, I would like to suggest, just for the fluidity of the game, that similar rules apply to Registered Slave tags.

This being a more objective approach would quite likely offer a bit more diversity in the game and allow things to continually flow and progress nicely. While I can understand if an individual is well known, it still makes no sense for a possibly desirable Slave Tag to be registered to an inactive Character or one who doesn't have any slaves/concubines.

Just a few that I could not find a listing under Registered Slaves/Concubines on the site were:

B - Belson
D - DorianPrice
F - Firak
G - Goliath
N - Nylan
P - Prophet
S - Sha-Ka
V - Voknali
Z - Zaira (Has Ownership of the tag, but the character is collared to Valayne??)
Alex - Alex`Lor
AA - Allivia
Du - Du`ghal Horishmet
EPY - Epiphany
Grey - Greywind Darkholm
JM - James`Menel
JEZ - Jezabeth
Kal - Kalturo
Kit - Kitani
MOR - Mina Otei Ray
Rox - (This one doesn't even have a name listed with it)
RR - Red Raven
SEX - Chaunticleer
Vor - Vorador

And this one stood out as very odd: Orlando, who has Rhapsody- collared has no Tag listed at all - and I distinctly remember he having the O which is now given to a character named Omard.

The only other thing I noticed, which to me is -very- confusing, is when people's Registered Tag has no correlation with their Registered Character name, or the name they use on IRC and are recognized by. This hits in the zone with ones like:

Fox - Joe
T - Lindor Tindomerel
SEX - Chaunticleer
DoI - Keaira (also confusing, because she's collared to the Temple of Ishtar, not the owner)

In the end, I simply bring these examples up as partially a book keeping concern, but also to make things available to active players rather than people that are either not in the game, or not actively utilizing the ISA system in their play. Game on and game happily my dears!
Chymaera ~ Darkest Burning Star & Keeper of Drau
Vionna{TZ} ~ Pet of the Onyxian Drak
Absynthe
Novice
Novice

Re: Registered Slave Tags

Postby Amara on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:03 am

The nicks with <Mara> - Amara -
Are ones I think ISA employee's forgot to remove the brackets when they entered the command in Des.
The command example shows the nick in brackets.

Mine has been fixed! :D
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Azara on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am

Actually, this is already something I've been planning to bring to the powers that be in the near future and will, hopefully, address some of the issues that you've mentioned.

~A~
ISA Co-Manager
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Fiona Sharora on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Katipo will happily do some commands to remove owners tags (and less happily commands to give them a proper one in return)

But I imagine people like Ehlanna can handle things much quicker in the database ;)
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Absynthe on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Glad to hear it Azara ^_^

I'd been noticing it for a while and just thought to throw it out there. Glad to hear it's got a future!
Chymaera ~ Darkest Burning Star & Keeper of Drau
Vionna{TZ} ~ Pet of the Onyxian Drak
Absynthe
Novice
Novice

Postby Azara on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:55 pm

I'm glad you made a post about it, Absynthe, it really needs to be addressed. I'll be poking at Ehlanna to see what it might entail, too!

~A~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:38 am

Tags to clean up
Text document
Last modified
5/29/2016, 9:06 PM

Hasn't been ignored completely but ran into people getting upset cause their slave tag was taken away even tho they had not been around for years and suddenly came back. I agree things need worked on with tags and I believe those in { } were most likely done that way by a worker who had the wrong idea as to how to make a tag. Maybe they were doing to to show it was a concubine tag rather than a slave tag. But I am more than happy to help once again try and get it cleared up. I think we need some rules on how long a tag will be held by a person who hasn't been in the game for years or not used the tag they have for years. There is no hard rules on that kind of stuff so makes it hard to really just start delete tags. So I think maybe the starting point is to get some hard rules set for tags that we...Azara and Myself can follow to clean up the tag mess.
Tawny

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 pm

I think I have corrected any erroneous entries currently in the database with minimal impact/disruption.
Next step is a code change to prevent unwanted characters!
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Fiona Sharora on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Maybe link owning a tag to having a slave/concubine? Lose your last slave/concubine and the tag becomes available again for the next person that wants it.
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Azara on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Fiona Sharora wrote:Maybe link owning a tag to having a slave/concubine? Lose your last slave/concubine and the tag becomes available again for the next person that wants it.

I think that's too harsh of a restriction. If a player (owner) is active in a game, and they happen to have just freed their only slave, they shouldn't risk losing their tag so quickly. SL's involving slaves/concubines can take time. Weeks, even months, depending on the players. They should not be penalized for simply not currently owning a slave if they are active.

~A~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:29 pm

I completely agree Azara. But if a player has not logged in in say years then that tag should be freed up and made available to someone else. Its a bit unreasonable to think if a player hasn't been here in years that they should be able to keep the tag like that. I know players can come back after being gone for years at a time but they can always get a new tag if they want one when they come back. The question then becomes how long is too long. I feel the same way about slaves. If an owner is gone for years then that slave is running around with no present owner to keep it in line, In the eyes of the empire and the ISA. But that is another thread and discussion.
Tawny

Postby Azara on Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Agreed, Tawny. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, there was a list of issues that I wanted to discuss, absent owners was one of them. I was thinking that the same absence for the REB (ONE YEAR) would work for the tags. If a player can lose land after a year, then losing a tag after a year is reasonable.

~A~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Hokima Tesh-Rimon on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:59 pm

I don't know if I'm a fan of an active registered slave losing the owner without their consent. Sure, if the slave wants to decollar after a year they can, but if they are perfectly happy to keep the ownership in place...Why punish them? Your basically forcing somebody to be free without their OOC consent.
Hokima Tesh-Rimon
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Tawny on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:27 pm

I don't know if I'm a fan of an active registered slave losing the owner without their consent.

The simply answer is ...owner responsibility. To the Empire, to the slave and to the ISA. Please don't get me wrong I am not saying all slaves would do something where an owner is needed to be held responsible for said actions but if only one did that there is not way for the owner to brought in and held responsible. Also there is suppose to be money paid each month for owning said slave.If the Owner doesn't log in that money isn't collected and the slave is getting the protection of a tag for free.
I fully agree with Azara on a one year limit on absent owner.
Tawny

Postby Hokima Tesh-Rimon on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:42 pm

If that's the argument. If they do something wrong, and their owner is absent, they can get punished and decollared, but I just don't like a blanket rule that punishes what could be a well-behaved slave. Slavery is already rarer here then it used to be. The channel used to be filled with people and registered tags, but now it's like 3-5 slaves at max online. This will only reduce that even further.

The money statement is kinda a wash, as that is just taken out of the base pay. There are a few of us that have more than two slaves, but most don't even notice the difference as we're no longer paid through the automatic des payments. So, at best the money is just never seen anyway since the slave cost is equal to the automatic 20 mhl.
Hokima Tesh-Rimon
Initiate
Initiate

Next

Return to Problems