Apothecary additions: Yatava and vixta herbs

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Apothecary additions: Yatava and vixta herbs

Postby CallieO on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 am

In my play as Callie Volopa, I've occasionally had her make use of two special herbs that vulpines have been cultivating over the millennia. I'd love to see them added to the Apothecary list so that everyone can use them.

Yatava:

An herb that is found in many valleys throughout the continent. It is sometimes used to make tea. It has an invigorating effect on vulpines and most other sapient species. The herb is colored green, and is odorless and tasteless. When used in tea, it must be steeped.

Vixta:

A medicinal herb sometimes used in vulpine remedies. It is dark red, odorless, tasteless, and looks a lot like cinnamon. When stirred into hot milk, it helps ease cold and flu symptoms. When sprinkled on meat, it helps meet some vital nutritional needs for young mephoses that haven't started hunting on their own yet, aiding with the growth of their leg muscles and the flexibility of their wing cartilage.

I've been using yatava for years, but the vixta is a very new creation; I added it when I realized that Belariath doesn't really have any very good cold and flu remedies.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Return to General Questions and Suggestions