Regarding Work

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Regarding Work

Postby Kable Syranos on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

I've heard a lot of dissatisfaction with the current Work situation in TLI, and after mono-ing a log today, I had this idea come to me while I was out having a smoke. This could potentially spice up both the MB and Worklogs simultaneously.

We already post worklogs on the MB, why not allow players to do the actual work through the MB? This would allow other workers/players a chance to react to something another worker is doing, and potentially lead to interesting interactions IC'ly based on the content. Would not include Shop jobs.

Each work-related MB post could be worth X-mhl, with a maximum number of posts per week/month. Consecutive posts on the same day or without a reply from another player could be frowned upon.

Interested to know what anyone thinks. Thanks for taking the time to read and consider.
Kable Syranos
Novice
Novice

Re: Regarding Work

Postby Tawny on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:46 pm

After all the work that was put into the latest payroll and work logging method I personally don't see this working. People are only allowed so many work hours and pay each month for a reason and As the one who does the payroll That would add a lot of searching and such for me to even being to see proof of the work that pay is being asked for.
The shops need to be kept IC for rp purposes. Nothing says only one person can work in a shop at a time, in fact that has always been something that was encouraged. But IMO doing the shops work on the MB isnt a good idea and would only add to Chaos, payroll problems, not to mention actually cut down even more on IC playing and besides you cant sell anything to anyone on the MB.
Tawny

Postby Kable Syranos on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Sorry, I had intended to put in a disclaimer that Shop jobs would be excluded. I was editing my post to reflect that when you must have replied, Tawny.
Kable Syranos
Novice
Novice

Postby Kable Syranos on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Tawny wrote:After all the work that was put into the latest payroll and work logging method I personally don't see this working. People are only allowed so many work hours and pay each month for a reason

There would still be a maximum amount of pay to be gained from any one job, and that wouldn't have to change.
Kable Syranos
Novice
Novice

Postby Tawny on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:25 am

There is still no way to make a sell on the mb. They cant pay for it on the MB. And if the sell doesn't go through Desdemona then the person is paying for something they don't own and cant use IC. Not to mention no time stamps and doing payroll isn't the easiest thing to do as is and that would only add hours more time for me to spend going through shop logs on payday.
Tawny

Postby Kable Syranos on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:23 am

Tawny wrote:There is still no way to make a sell on the mb. They cant pay for it on the MB. And if the sell doesn't go through Desdemona then the person is paying for something they don't own and cant use IC. Not to mention no time stamps and doing payroll isn't the easiest thing to do as is and that would only add hours more time for me to spend going through shop logs on payday.

Shops and jobs that include sales would be excluded. But that still leaves plenty of jobs that could be eligible, especially among all the noble houses. As for doing payroll, one would just add up the number of posts made by each worker for a given job, whether that be you or someone appointed just to handle MB-Based work. Conversely, if adding up posts is too much of a hassle, could have each worker post in the current Worklog section of the MB a single post at the end of the month with their total and a list of links to each of their MB-Based-Work posts.
Kable Syranos
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:56 pm

It's all about rp -Tawny's right. Why not ask in OOC if anyone wants to play even if they don't buy anything or need to be there, they gain in xp and you gain in your work mhl.

There is rp possible on this board for other types of rp, do some here on the message board to attract other players to join you on IRC.
Tehya

Postby Tawny on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Thank you Tehya. Now since I have splitting headache and don't wish for this to sound rude or short with you I am going to keep this short as I can. This game is about IC RP not about getting paid for MB post. The rules about pay and how you earn money in this game were made so that people don't get Money without IC RP being done to earn it with time stamps to prove you did the time IC.
Hope that didn't come off sounding rude or mean. It wasn't meant too at all.
Tawny

Postby Kable Syranos on Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 am

It's no worries. I understand what you're trying to say. The problem is that often there is little opportunity (whether a lack of players able to join or a way to justify the presence of those that are) for IC interaction when you are trying to do a work log. In these situations you're faced with either monologuing or giving up and doing something else. Being able to rather write a few paragraphs of work on the MB would give time for a player with a relevant character to respond and react in ways that could lead to further interaction IC on the subject. Sorry for formatting. Posting from my phone.
Kable Syranos
Novice
Novice

Postby Tawny on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:25 am

Attracting rp by using the MB is fine but getting paid for such is not. Again pay is giving out by timestamps to prove time spent rping. There is not way for that to happen on the MB period. Doing payroll is not a easy 30 mins process and requires a lot of stuff most players know nothing about. It may seem simply but trust me it is not.
Tawny

Postby Stormbringer on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Not sure there's much difference in the text between posting online or in a forum. Same words involved. But while online there is a potential for roleplay to develop, which is the whole point of our existence.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Return to General Questions and Suggestions