SFAD Change

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: SFAD Change

Postby Fiona Sharora on Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:46 pm

I am still plotting to host some sort of SFAD-like event at the castle of Katipo that would encourage more slavers and would be kinder on players from Europe, but hard to come up with something nice that doesn't step on Tawny's toes
Fiona Sharora
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Tawny on Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 pm

Twerlinger I am not sure of the times that your speaking of in central time zone US. Can you give me a time so I can see about making one happen for those who are in your time zone there?
Tawny

Postby Twerlinger on Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:06 pm

6 pm central time - Taken from your upcoming one, works out to be 11 pm/midnight for EU/GMT areas. Something around 6pm GMT.. so 1pmish CST would perhaps work for the EU cohort
Twerlinger

Postby Tawny on Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:28 am

Ok I will shoot for that time next SFAD Auction I do after this one. Would 2pm central work ok?
Tawny

Postby Twerlinger on Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:43 pm

2pm would suit me, being about 7pm GMT.
Twerlinger

Postby Akaton on Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:08 pm

I've been thinking about this and seeing chatter about the auction and such in OOC got me thinking.

So here is what I see as a problem:

One major flaw or exploit in the DFAD auction. Its those being auctioned still being able to bid on others. Because considering those being auctioned get a fair cut of the profits from the bidding. It means those in it are more likely to bid and try to up the price of any and everyone, and even if they bid too high and scare everyone off and win, they still recoup a percentage of what they just paid as it goes into the profit that they too get a part of. And I am in no way saying this is anyone intention of things for this auction. Just a flaw in the system that can be very easily exploited. And as a supporter of people getting paid for the SFAD auctions and stuff I would hate to see the whole thing fall apart before it starts because of an exploit in the system.
Akaton
Expert
Expert

Postby Tawny on Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:17 am

Zully no one gets paid anything till the whole Auction is over so I don't for see that as being a problem. There is no way anyone can now exactly how much they will be getting till its all over. but I will be watching as I run it to make sure its not causing a problem. Thanks for the heads up for what you see could be a problem.
Tawny

Previous

Return to General Questions and Suggestions