TLI: the Musical (a one day event idea)

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

TLI: the Musical (a one day event idea)

Postby Wadeywade on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 pm

well the idea I had was.. unsual considering the type of roleplay this is, but I think it might work.

-For one day, the Gods of Bards and music curse the world, believing there was not enough mirth and merriment. lines are sung, rapped, pantomimed or danced out. musical numbers spring up randomly all over the empire.. and the hiiilllllls were aliiiiiive.. with the sound of weirdness..
(OOC NOTES THUS FAR: all players, for this single day, would have access to the performace skills, and anyone who has existing skills develops a mastery that has never been seen before or ever will be seen again! players would be welcome to use favorite pieces of songs to play out their scenes, and would be encouraged to do so though of course, any player can opt out. of course, theyd probably wondering what the hell got into everyone.. had they been watching Galavant, or something?)
I know the idea is HIGHLY unusual, but Inthink it would be TONS of fun. it would add (for the day, at least) another layer which we can use to just generally be silly and fun in our daily interactions.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: TLI: the Musical (a one day event idea)

Postby Tehya on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:13 pm

I like it and since SB gave us a portable amphitheater we can use this. It is stored in the arena and we have drivers to deliver it. Practice could be held in the Artists`Ambit.

Need help I'd be glad to if it is in my zone. I would add people don't have to do this, only those that want to.
Tehya

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Id love to give it a whack I mean, why thenhell not? Supernatural SOMEHOW pulled it off.. and we gots sex too! so yeah weve got an edge.. I think most of all those willing, would have a blast.
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Sorgram on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:24 pm

I was just picturing the random musical where all of the sudden every one bursts into song or sings their posts.

s.
Sorgram
Op
Op

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 pm

That was sort of the idea. I mean its too fucking serious and Im like what, nobody ever burst into song in this place?!? Well thats not very realistic, lol.. but seriously, a moment, I am still game for the idea. It was the one useful idea I seem to have had, or at least the only one people were willi to accept so. Hey, Ill take it! :)

I also thought what if.. its some sort of temporary, one day curse that causes it? We could almost (if not for my lack of useful skills and knowledge) make a small quest at the end, or something.
Still kicking the idea around..
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Tehya on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Be nice to use the Artists Ambit which SB and Ehl has provided. Its in Tli-Town.
Tehya

Postby Wadeywade on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:27 pm

I agree. I think town is probably the best venue anyways, given the choices since the artists ambit is there it makes the most sense.
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Wadeywade on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorgram has also expressed an interest in backing this so..

I have also been considering what woupd be allowed in terms of music. Personally Im easy with anying as long as it was tweaked to fit the game. I am not sure how the powers that be will feel, but I would hope that same light spirit will pervade over this weirdo glee project from hell. I want to offer a chance for people to chime in, if you want to participate in this sort of less-intensive quest/rp/SL thing, feel free to speak your piece. :)
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby miyuka on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:27 pm

not sure if I said it already but there's a spell that makes people talk in rhymes in the symphonic sphere
miyuka

Postby Tehya on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:34 pm

We need to set a date and it would be great to put this on the calendar *hint hint* :D

Anything I could do to help let me know. I haven't asked yet but maybe Traghorn the dragon of dreams could put those involved into a dream state to do this. Best I ask permission first.
Tehya

Postby Wadeywade on Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm

That was a good idea. I also considered a rogue meteor, culminating in a musical quest but that may be a bit much for the first go. :)
Actually I think march 17th would be perfect, what do you ink or is that too soon?
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby tbohms75 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:28 pm

I love this idea, consider one of mine in.
tbohms75
Adept
Adept

Postby Rebecca of Valaris on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 pm

I do believe Miranda knows the odd song....so aye, count mine in too
Rebecca of Valaris
Expert
Expert

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Miyuka: I know. What a handy thing to have that day, huh? On top pf whatever else causes this random glee from hell moment heh.
-
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Postby Amara on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:51 pm

I'd encourage you to write this up and submit it to one of the friendly neighborhood quest team members... before picking a date. :D
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Next

Return to General Questions and Suggestions