New skill

Questions and suggestions that don't fit anywhere else in this area.

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

New skill

Postby L`aquera on Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:32 pm

Scrimshaw - Ranked Skill Suggestion
Postby Dante_Ambrogio on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:16 pm

I was saddened when I saw a lack of the Scrimshaw ranked skill. I think this would be a fantastic addition toward artisans and people who like to craft things. It is the fine and delicate art of carving bone, typically using fish bones. Sometimes a scrimshaw carver will put inlays of metal into their work and as such I have allowed for similar things with this skill suggestion and incorporated a requirement to match it.

Scrimshaw(Any Class)
Novice - able to carve any type of bone into charms, trinkets, and jewelry; may use a copper inlay in designs (with appropriate Metal Smithing or Jeweler skill)
Apprentice - able to carve keratin and can carve more intricate designs into bone charms, trinkets, and jewelry; may use a Silver inlay (with appropriate Metal Smithing or Jeweler skill)
Journeyman - have begun to master the pressure and art and can use lighter weight and more delicate bones to craft charms, trinkets, and jewelry; may use a Gold inlay (with appropriate Metal Smithing or Jeweler skill)
Expert - can use the bones of large fish and ivory for crafting and carving into charms, trinkets, and jewelry; can also teach others the basics of Scrimshaw and use a Platinum Inlay (With appropriate Metal Smithing or Jeweler skill)
Master - Can use any type of bone for Scrimshaw, large, small, delicate or sturdy. Can use a Mithril inlay in your works (with appropriate Mithril Smithing or Jeweler skill) and craft Masterwork pieces
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Re: New skill

Postby Elise`whitepaw on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:27 pm

it would be a skill that a few of my characters would likely get.... alyssa elise and naut among them for naut it would make her scultping better i think ..... after all L's palace one of them sports alot of Naut's work
Elise`whitepaw, isis`starfeather , Jinx`Quinn , Alyssa` Shadowfall, Adel ,Naut`kyn , Nessa`{rei-k}, Neva`frostsong,Jareth Gleamscale
Elise`whitepaw
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Adonai on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 pm

I mean, I can see it used since we have pirate peoples and kitties.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Dante_Ambrogio on Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:03 am

Also have plenty of items that exist in the game already that this is the correct skill for
Loves bite is eternal, welcome or otherwise. Once bitten it twines with your very soul and can never be forgotten

Player of: Dante Ambrogio, Victus Ambrogio|Naut|, Kat`ryn Quel`dalre, Elizabeth Graesyn, Vex Windstrider, Valithren Caradoc, Daelmaron Fyresong, Morgran Fireforge, Feindhara Ingolfr, Gashan Nakajima,
Dante_Ambrogio
Expert
Expert

Return to General Questions and Suggestions