Submission: Spirit Ball

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Submission: Spirit Ball

Postby Kooky on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:01 am

Spirit Sphere

Spirit Ball:
Casting method: ranmagatk
Defending method: ranmagdef
Description: Shaman X1:

A soft incantation wills a ball of spiritual energy to life, held in the shaman's hands. They may then throw the ball at their target. If it hits, the ball doesn't tear flesh but it does bruise it. Enough bruising can cause mass amounts of pain to lead to a knockout. Or if the shaman is not careful, enough bruising can cause ruptures, and the target may bleed out inside of themselves.

:MECHANICS: A standard Ranged Magical Attack that utilizes spirit energy to harm the Shaman's opponent, should they fail their Ranged Magical Defense. This spell is meant to do a form of spiritual blunt damage to the body, rather than harming by pain of blood. The idea behind this spell is for it to be non-fatal unless stated otherwise! Thus is an opponent's life goes to 0, it's a knockout without risk of bleeding out. This is an alternative to Spirit Bolt, though a Shaman may include both in their arsenal of spells.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Submission: Spirit Ball

Postby miyuka on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:54 am

I see where you are going with it, but I think a shaman could just use the whole 'pull their punch' think if they didn't want to kill someone without having to add a spell to it.
miyuka

Re: Submission: Spirit Ball

Postby Kooky on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 pm

miyuka wrote:I see where you are going with it, but I think a shaman could just use the whole 'pull their punch' think if they didn't want to kill someone without having to add a spell to it.

The reason I made this spell at the time was because I was not allowed to have Lumio pull his punch or focus his power to land a non-fatal blow if the damage roll deemed it fatal, aka marked the opponent down to 0LP.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Spells and Magic