just a spell idea and wanting thoughts on it

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

just a spell idea and wanting thoughts on it

Postby Ryke Masha on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Spell name: spirit shards or daggers (still working on it)

Basically this a modified version of spirit bolt which has all the same capabilities of spirit bolt but allows you to cast more then once per turn. For every 5 slots put into the spell it allows you to add another shard to your attack. I.e shaman jess puts 10 slots into her shard spell and now can make 2 rolls that the opponent has to roll against and two chances of hitting the target. It will be a ranmagAtk and have to state ooc how many are invested before firing the spell so the opponent knows. This will be a shamanx4 spell and take one turn to cast
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Re: just a spell idea and wanting thoughts on it

Postby Scathien on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:37 am

Please keep in mind I am speaking as a player, and not as an Op at this point in time:

Generally, whenever I have seen a multi-attack spell like this, it does not allow one person to attack a single target multiple times, rather... it allows the user to attack multiple targets in a single turn.

For an example, look at Fire Flick.

Personally, unless another spell like what you are suggesting exists in another sphere with simliar mechanics (and its been a while since I browsed the various spell lists so unless it was in the fire sphere I haven't really looked around all that much), I dont know if it will be approved the way it currently is. You may have a better chance if it was 1 extra target per X slots
Scathien
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby miyuka on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:07 am

Scathien as the right of it. if yer gonna do multiple shards kind of thing it'd have to be something more akin to boneshards (which is only a single target spell but has specific damage values depending on number of shards).
miyuka

Postby Ryke Masha on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 am

After listening to everyone and rethinking plus help from trumac I am changing it a bit. The spell is still 5 slots per dagger but for every hit it doesn't do any damage but applies a 10%debuff to the next atk or def based on what the caster wants as the spirits flood the mind of the target with information on random things and topics causing them to loose focus for a max of 30% debuff
Ryke Joe Ariel Summer Takuran Fenris Elensar Aurelie Avidicus
Ryke Masha
Expert
Expert

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:00 pm

as Scathien stated, I can see if it, like Dust Devil or Chain Lightning, had multiple target abilities not multinattacks, it would be doable. the idea is sound, but the mechanics need a little tuning, is all.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Return to Spells and Magic