Healing spells Of those from the Snowy area's.

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Healing spells Of those from the Snowy area's.

Postby Snowflake on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Healing Snow
Level: 10
Healing sphere
Casting method: other
Defending method: None

Description: Upon casting this spell… the area around the caster Shimmers softly before a light snow starts to fall.. All those within the area will start to feel refreshed as small cuts minor bruising will start to heal. The snow lightly falls within the area for a number of rounds refreshing those within it. Burt hair, cut skin will heal, but only on a outward appearance. If something like a broken bone, another spell would need to be used.

:Mechanics: range is 3 feet per slot around the caster, and the spell heals 1 stam/hit point per slot that’s into the spell, at a max of 15 at 15 slots. Anyone affected by this spell cannot benefit from its abilities again for at least an hour.

SnowBlast

Healing sphere
Casting method: ranmagatk
Defending method: ranmagdef

Description: Being a healer is sometimes hard, hard to heal or hard to defend when you would rather not attack. Upon casting this spell A wintery blast comes shooting out from the casters hands, extending away from them and catching would be attacks upon the healer. Those hit by the frigid snow and wintery air are stunned. As they end up needing time to recover. If some some reason the “victem” is protected from cold, such as a warmth spell, this spell will have no effect upon them.

:Mechanics: A ranmagatk vs ranmagdef determines a success, if it hits the target is stunned for 1 round per 5 slots into the spell. This spell does no damage against the victem only the stunning from the cold air. The range of this spell is 5 feet in front of the caster per 5 slots into the spell.. and its width isn’t any bigger then 4 feet wide. This spell could hit multy victims but only on a head on type of rush at the healer.
Snowflake
Novice
Novice

Re: Healing spells Of those from the Snowy area's.

Postby miyuka on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:12 am

These spells, are visually not really within the realm of the healing sphere. Mechanically we've already got spells that can cover what they do, though not necessarily in the healing sphere.
miyuka

Postby Snowflake on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:39 am

I do think thats the point though, Just cause its not visually within the scope doesnt mean it isnt a intristing spell. And yes, artic blast is very simillar to stun bolt, but its dmg is reducedm and has a higher cost. But even healers cant use stun bolt. Healers really need a way to defend themselves if there not allowed to kill.
Snowflake
Novice
Novice

Postby Azara on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:21 pm

There are three spells in the Healer's Sphere that are designed to help a Healer when under attack:

Anchored Savior
Healer's Helping Hand
Shield of Healing Waters

Granted, these are defensive spells so they're not as good as offensive spells, but a Healer's magic is designed to heal not harm. Healers, by their very nature, are not very strong because all of their energies are spent on healing spells in service of others, not themselves. Which is why they have no affinity for combat, and cannot wear armor or bear weapons above class A.

Healers also have the class advantage: Taboo Target. It's certainly not a failsafe attribute, but it is a great advantage that I have found most players are willing to adhere to. Does it mean that a Healer isn't wounded/damaged/killed? Of course not. But, I strongly believe that the defensive spells that are already in the Healing Sphere are sufficient for how the class is written.

In the almost 14 years that I have played a Healer, Azara has never been killed. Wounded? Hell yes. Mostly due to her temper and/or stupidity as a result of that temper. But, I've found from my own personal experiences as a Healer x7 that the defensive spells in the Healing Sphere have served Azara well.

Just my own opinion.

~A~
~Watching.. always watching.~

Azara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Amara on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Snowflake wrote:I do think thats the point though, Just cause its not visually within the scope doesnt mean it isnt a intristing spell. And yes, artic blast is very simillar to stun bolt, but its dmg is reducedm and has a higher cost. But even healers cant use stun bolt. Healers really need a way to defend themselves if there not allowed to kill.

The 1st disadvantage covers a death by the Healer declaring self defense - not done in malice:

Aversion to Death
Despite how diabolic the healer may perceive themselves; They are unable to deprive the life of another in malice. There are times when death is necessary, in terms of self defense, or, perhaps even accidental and in this case the healer is capable of this despicable act. This does not pertain to a patient in their care dying, nor the deliberate infliction of disease, but actual combat.

Please note, that while anyone taking Healer Class is not restricted from taking damage-inducing spells, if they are caught going over board or acting outside a healer's core mindset, they can and will be asked to reset to properly reflect the character's new set of moral boundaries as a consequence.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Spells and Magic