Suggestion: advanced mystic color (?)

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Suggestion: advanced mystic color (?)

Postby Marren on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm

So mystic colors has drawn the attention of a couple players, and I've seen more of it in the last week than I have in... years. I tossed an idea around with someone, and they thought I should put it here so.. here goes.

Advancement of mystic colors
Common sphere
Level req: ?
Casting method: ?

Using this spell requires the caster to be within arms reach of his target painting. Through concentration the caster can, for a short time, imbue the paint itself with the same effect as the soft enchantment: movement. The paint cannot leave it's original 'canvas', regardless of the material, it does not glow, or become entirely new images. (Will not turn a portrait of StormBringer into a cityscape of Nanthalion.)the painting will move, following the thought commands of the caster, (making horses in a field run, fish swim in a pond, warriors duel, etc.)

Some kind of time limit is assumed, perhaps the same as mystic colors? And as it would be an advancement of a basic spell, perhaps a lvl req. Of 5, or 10?
Marren, Eolande Keita, Daynar Roke, Syl`Zhalti, Severus
Marren
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Suggestion: advanced mystic color (?)

Postby CallieO on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 pm

I was the one who Marren talked to. I like this idea! I see the potential for its misuse though, as written out here. I think there ought to be a way for the original painter to limit exactly what the painting might do. Else you might have a painting of The Battle for Nanthalion suddenly turn into an orgy or something. :D
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Mystic Color:
Casting method: none
Defending method: none
Description: By use of this spell, the caster may 'paint' upon any material they wish, changing the color of it. The spell radiates around the fingers of the caster, and they may move or glide their hand around as they see fit, able to change the color at their whim. The spell lasts for 4 rounds per the level of the caster. The spell may also be used to 'paint' upon living targets, but will wash off if scrubbed at.

an advancement of Mystic colors? Doesn't really seem like an advancement of it, seems more like a different spell if ya asked me. Most cantrip-like spells such as this are level one (just check out the common sphere).
miyuka

Postby Farvel on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm

I agree, it seems to be a completely different spell that has nothing whatsoever to do with the mystic color spell other than the fact that both deal with color as a concept.

It's like saying fireball is an "advanced" form of the warmth spell because they both deal with the concept of heat.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 pm

I'd say just let it be it's own thing maybe even an enchant to be put on paintings
miyuka

Return to Spells and Magic