new air sphere spell (Lightning Bridge)

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

new air sphere spell (Lightning Bridge)

Postby Wadeywade on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:44 pm

this is the ‘companion’ spell to the earlier posted one, that is to say I worked on them at the same time (hence why it took me a year).

this spell is meant to be a more advanced but comparable spell to Passage of Wind, but for those focused on lightning based spells.

Lightning Bridge:
Level required: 50
Class required: Air Mage X4 or better
Casting method: none
Defending method: none

Description: this spell, though incredibly accurate in the category of teleportation spells, is incredibly taxing to the caster; so much so it has gotten more than one air mage killed when they were left defenseless by the incredibly hard drain of stamina this spell renders. it creates a brilliant bridge of lightning that one simply steps into, and as fast as lightning travels, so does the caster and up to one person per level of air mage.

Mechanics: The casting takes two full uninterrupted rounds, requiring that the Caster spend ten (10) for the initial casting plus ten stamina per level of air mage at the end of the second round; at this point the caster may return to one point they know well or are familiar with. travel is near Instantaneous. For every level of Air Mage the caster has, he may transport up to one more person besides himself in the Lightning Bridge. this costs no extra casting costs.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: new air sphere spell (Lightning Bridge)

Postby DiasEesha on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:46 am

It..would certainly make sense and I rather do like the idea as an even stronger passage of wind seeing as we have the general split between air and lightning with umbara and unigo this fits nicely to that forking as well.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Re: new air sphere spell (Lightning Bridge)

Postby Farvel on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:26 am

Indeed. I like this. The ability to make multiple people travel at instant speed is nicely balanced against the need for 50-60 stamina to cast the spell, and the multiple round casting.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Spells and Magic