Proposal: Gravity Bubble (OOB)

Questions and suggestions for new spells, changes to spells and the magic system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Proposal: Gravity Bubble (OOB)

Postby Sanjin Koukyu on Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:55 am

Arcana Sphere Spell

Name: Gravity Bubble
Spell Type: Out of Battle (OOB)
Level Required: 20
Class Required: Magex5
Casting Method: Other

Description:
With the first taste a mage has of being able to manipulate gravity, they learn how to manipulate it in a fixed space. By creating a sphere (cube, cylinder, or other 3d space) and anchoring it to a point, the mage can create an area where gravity ceases to function. Anything that isn’t bolted down will immediately start to drift and shift in place and in order to move through the space, anyone moving through said space must be able to either push off of a surface or have another method in which to move (wings or fins).

Mechanics:
As a ritual spell, the mage must take ten minutes to create the anchor point from which the space emanates from, which is considered the center of the Gravity Bubble. After the ritual has been completed, the area parameters set by the Mage take effect and the laws of gravity are suspended. The maximum size that the Gravity Bubble can reach is a 30-foot by 30-foot section of space. If the space is not one that the mage is attuned (i.e. their home, personal room at tavern, or place of business), the spell wears off after a few hours. Consent is required if spell is used outside of the character’s personal homes/properties.

-----------------------

Reasoning:
I haven’t seen too many spells that create new and interesting roleplay environments in the lists. There are spells that can modify character moods, modify physical appearances and capacities (Breathing Underwater, Flight, etc), but very few that modify the environment. I feel this would be a worthwhile addition because of the potential scenes (Zero G Sex Scenes, M/s domination scenes involving sensory deprivation, etc) that could be created with them. I picked level 20 and Magex5 because that's when Mages get their first Gravity Spell, though it could be lowered to 15 and Magex4 because it could be a stepping block to the combat variants (Gravity Sinkhole/Reverse Gravity).

Thank you for giving it a look!
Sanjin Koukyu
Expert
Expert

Re: Proposal: Gravity Bubble (OOB)

Postby miyuka on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:41 pm

I personally don't mind such a spell. I like the added need for consent as well.
miyuka

Return to Spells and Magic