Weapon Suggestions

Questions and suggestions for new weapons, changes to weapons and the combat system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna, Cleothina

Weapon Suggestions

Postby Riska on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

So, I saw a few little things that I wanted to set strait in the weapon section, so I copied the whole section down to a word document so that I could edit it as I willed. I thought I was going to be changing quite a bit at first, but as I looked closer I decided there were reason things were the way they were. However, this being said I did find a couple things to change that would fit more with the names and style of weapons that I'd seen. First of all a battle axe was used one or two handed, I don't see a reason why it would be considered a two handed weapon. The Crusher axe takes up the qualification quite well, plus throwing a two handed weapon should be the last thing on someone's mind. Just wielding in battle is hard enough as it is, why complicate things by trying to figure out how to throw such a thing reliably? Now I don't quite understand the A-D weapon categories, so that might have to be changed to B or D depending, but I'm sure Dev would be able to make that distinction. I just want it known that it was something I couldn't account for, and should probably be changed if it goes against that particular rule set. Secondly, the great scimitar. I can only imagine the person who made the list was referring to the falchion, which was a popular European weapon that took a bit of it's design from the scimitar's curved one sided blade. Then, I just added a mithril version of the blade, cause... why not?

Battle Axe
Description: In its most common form, an arm-length weapon borne in one or both hands. Can be thrown, Not usuable by Rangers
Strength (STR) Required: 20
Attack Modifier: 4
Equipment Slots Used: 1
Number of Uses: 0 (0 = unlimited)
Two-Handed? No
Weapon Class: C
Price: 100.00 Mehrials

Instead of the "Great Scimitar"

Falchion
Description: This weapon combines the weight and power of an axe with the versatility of a sword.
Strength (STR) Required: 18
Attack Modifier: 4
Equipment Slots Used: 2
Two-Handed? No
Weapon Class: D
Price: 110.00 Mehrials

Mithril Falchion
Description: This weapon combines the weight and power of an axe with the versatility of a sword. It comes ready enchanted with a +1 ATK value, and it costs 75% of normal cost for future enchantments.
Strength (STR) Required: 14
Attack Modifier: 5
Equipment Slots Used: 2
Two-Handed? No
Weapon Class: D
Price: 450.00 Mehrials

Edit ~ Just noticed something else that bugs me. Greatsword, Two-Handed Sword, Zweihander... are... all the same thing. Zweihander literally translates to "two hander". Now, I can understand the Nodachi being different, since it really is different from these other three. However, those three are just different translations of the same general weapon, but have different stats in this game by the different names. Not to mention the Zweihander is misspelled upon the site, another face palm moment. Even more things that caught my eye, the Buster Sword... come on... I mean... come on. Yes, it was a good game. No, that sword is no where near practical. The hopefully last thing to catch my eye is the Crystal Sword. A sword that only one race and class can use, which is literally the strongest sword in the game. A one handed weapon that out powers two-handed weapons, oh... and that's without enchants. It is literally almost double the power of a mithril bastard sword, which is a hand and a half weapon.
Riska
Novice
Novice

Re: Weapon Suggestions

Postby Aldric_Stormhammer on Wed May 25, 2011 5:28 am

I noticed in the weapons section there is a battle axe and hand axe. Is the hand axe ment to be more like a tomahawk or is it ment to be the large war axe? If it is ment to be a tomahawk why not add the one handed war axe to the list of weapons?
Aldric_Stormhammer
Novice
Novice

Postby Ishtori on Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

There is actually a major lack of weapons. I mean for swords we are well served, we all agree to that. But there is little in the ways of hammers and axes that either have a decent attack value for warriors who can go up to D type of weapons, as well as for warrior mages and even people who can only go to B class weapons.

Idealisticly I think there should be a class B weapon one handed with 4 base attack that's a hammer and one that's an axe. Then there shwould be a 2-handed version for both hammer and axe that has a base 8 attack value.

Also there should be more mithril options.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Ishtori
Expert
Expert

Postby alvanorichie on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Aldric_Stormhammer wrote:I noticed in the weapons section there is a battle axe and hand axe. Is the hand axe ment to be more like a tomahawk or is it ment to be the large war axe? If it is ment to be a tomahawk why not add the one handed war axe to the list of weapons?

Nice suggestion, i always use battle axe instead of hand one.
alvanorichie
Novice
Novice

Postby miyuka on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm

These are things you may want to bring up with SB himself.
miyuka

Return to Weapons, Armor and Combat