Metalurgy (Weapon-Types)

Questions and suggestions for new weapons, changes to weapons and the combat system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna, Cleothina

Metalurgy (Weapon-Types)

Postby Lash on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Right, well... To start with I'd like to keep the opening post somewhat slender...

I would like if possible to be able to discuss, and hopefully come to some sort of conclusion on whether we could get a /simple/ markup pricing for all weapons, in such a way that one could buy a mithril version of any weapon. Now I could be wrong, but code wise and balance wise i don't think, or believe this is particularly intensive, we're not adding new weapons as such, merely another type of weapon. Arguably this could make combat classes better, but, I don't think that's really an issue when magic classes get a gazillion (exaggeration) options of spells that even have there own affect, so why not actually give physical classes a chance, /and/ allow smithies to -really- do their job.

Now on an added note, i'd like I guess to be able to see every ore having it's own affect on a weapon, but i realise that may be asking too much... It could perhaps even be too coding intensive for the development team, or whichever wonderful soul does do the coding for us.
Lash
Novice
Novice

Re: Metalurgy (Weapon-Types)

Postby miyuka on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:11 pm

there's not going to be a mithril version of every weapon. What's on the list is what's available. Physical classes have more than a chance in combat as they have their own pro's and cons before you even include magic or enchantments, let alone spells. Weapons can be added, possibly, on an individual basis as seen by the few new additions as of late. There is/was a type of metal that still hasn't been given aproval as far as making things out of it called Valencite which was a version of mithril but it rejected magic.
miyuka

Re: Metalurgy (Weapon-Types)

Postby Ehlanna on Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:59 am

What the cuteness said :)
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Return to Weapons, Armor and Combat