Queston about Circlets (Mithril or Otherwise)

Questions and suggestions for new weapons, changes to weapons and the combat system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna, Cleothina

Queston about Circlets (Mithril or Otherwise)

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Tue May 09, 2017 3:07 am

Hello there!

I've been wondering about this for quite some time now and mind, I never got the chance to ask any OPs for this; I figured I might as well ask it here so I can use this thread as reference in the future. The question involves these two:

Circlet
Description: Plain metal band that goes around the head Int +3
Strength (STR) Required: 2
Defense Modifier: 0
Equipment Slots Used: 1
Number of Uses: 0 (0 = unlimited)
Allows Spellcasting? Yes
Weapon Class: A
Price: 550.00 Mehrials

Mithril Circlet
Description: Plain mithril band that goes around the head Int +3 Cost for enchantment is 75% normal.
Strength (STR) Required: 2
Defense Modifier: 0
Equipment Slots Used: 1
Number of Uses: 0 (0 = unlimited)
Allows Spellcasting? Yes
Weapon Class: A
Price: 675.00 Mehrials

And the question itself is 'Can characters wear a circlet - mithril or otherwise - inside their helms (horned, winged, great, etc.)'? I know it is not the issue of stacking defense modifiers since neither one of the circlets provide any bonuses there, but there IS that INT+3. I ask this because I've found pictures showing characters wearing said items under their helms but most of them were drawn so I am not sure how 'realistic' that really is.

Where does this game stand on this? Does a character have to choose between wearing a helm or a circlet? Or can they be worn at the same time?

Also do take note that all circlets 'allow spell-casting' but only a few of the helms can say the same (visored helm and regular helm).
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Queston about Circlets (Mithril or Otherwise)

Postby Naomh on Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 pm

They're both head slot armour, even if the circlet has no defense modifier it's still armour.

So no, you can not wear circlet and helm.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Weapons, Armor and Combat