New armor ideas

Questions and suggestions for new weapons, changes to weapons and the combat system

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna, Cleothina

New armor ideas

Postby DiasEesha on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 am

As a quick project I was inspired to make a few new armor items that could help out physical classes I took existing items as reference points to make the numbers and all for these and I hope that you all enjoy.

Drakon Scale Mail
Description: Double-thick scales of metal plates on a leather backing. Magic Use by WaM
Strength (STR) Required: 18
Defense Modifier: 5
Equipment Slots Used: 1
Number of Uses: 0 (0 = unlimited)
Allows Spellcasting? No
Weapon Class: C
Price: 550.00 Mehrials

Mithril Drakon Scale
Description: Double-thick scales of mithril plates on a leather backing. Magic Use by WaM
Strength (STR) Required: 16
Defense Modifier: 5
Allows Spellcasting? No
Weapon Class: C
Price: 1100.00 Mehrials

Warriors Mask
Description: A full metal mask with leather strapping to be held on.
Strength (STR) Required: 5
Defense Modifier: 1
Allows Spellcasting? Yes
Weapon Class: B
Price: 225.00 Mehrials
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Re: New armor ideas

Postby Farvel on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 am

I like these. For once it would be nice to actually have a C-class armor that's on par with the A-class robe of the archmagi.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am

Warriors mask is a bit high in defense, seeing how a helm is just 1.

Defenses for the mithril scale is higher than any other chest-only pieces. The only difference between regular and mithril variants of armour is the price and STR requirement, DEF is the same.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby DiasEesha on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:53 am

Well both of these are just a basic idea off of the existing scale, for balance sake though I certainly could see these versions of scale taking up more then one "slot". Especially in the case of the mithril variant.

Im also certainly not against them both being at 5.

The mask was based off of the visored helm but Im perfectly okay with it being just a 1 as well.

basically ultimately the idea is to provide a bit more flavor and to make a logical progression up from the gap between chains/scales/splint and plate I figured that scale would be the best option though to work up from.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Postby Marren on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 am

I like em. I have a character that would be interested in the mask, especially if it's customizable (different metals used to provide different colors)

Perhaps the mask could be a type of helm? Completely encase the head, instead of using straps to hold it on? Could allow the def mod to remain at 2 like the mentioned helm. Just a thought.

Well done.
Marren, Eolande Keita, Daynar Roke, Syl`Zhalti, Severus
Marren
Initiate
Initiate

Postby DiasEesha on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 am

The whole idea behind a mask is that its a facial cover, I could think of perhaps a variant with a chain mail covering the front of the neck which might be able to retain the 2 defense however its certainly an idea to toy with.

Course the str req and cost would go up. slightly and the one I did would drop def to 1 and price down.

Roughly speaking this would mean

Warriors mask would be 1 def 200 mhl
Raiders mask would be 2 def 250 mhl
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Postby DiasEesha on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Original post updated with changes by suggestion and corrections from the lovely player base.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Return to Weapons, Armor and Combat