Newspaper

Questions and suggestions for new locations, business plans, and changes to shops or other places around the empire

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Newspaper

Postby Ressan Sepa on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:33 am

Alright well we used to have a newspaper before, It was actually a great Idea. It gave reporters things to do ICly, It gave players things to do as well whether it be play out an interview, play out working on their article or perhaps trying to make it into the paper.

I used to work on the old one long ago and I had asked Ehl Months ago about restarting it but she said someone else was going to do it. So I sat and waited and last night I was going through an archive site and found the old ones, Reading them brought back a lot of fun memories of the RP that used to take place. Like Ehl being killed by the dragon that attacked.

Lets face it right now the game is kinda in a small slump, Players and OPs at each others throats, players leaving. Players and OPs alike upset for various different reasons. Any little bit of Fun and such can never hurt at times like this, So I am actually going to ask formally to get the paper going once again. Officially by the Empire or unofficially funded by Ress himself. It's not much and of course it won't cure any of the problems people are having but perhaps it will add a little bit of spark and give something to the players as far as a means of a lugh here and there and it would also keep folks updated on current events.

I am more then willing to take this on myself, I have a few people interested in helping.

As far as pay guidelines I was thinking perhaps (funded by the Empire or not funded by the Empire) Pay a base Salary of 50 mhl per Month. Now if not funded by the Empire The Character Ressan will pay each person who writes himself and perhaps take up donations or sell adds to the shops to cover the costs of all things.

I was thinking a simple thing like it was before, but it was a great deal of fun when My Char would go around interviewing lots of different people. I played with a lot of people I normally wouldn't have RP'ed with if not for that reason, So yes I believe it would create some great RP chances for people.

As far as posting it, If it's on the website I can send the code Monthly once all ready to Either SB or Ehl, or it can be hosted on an off site and linked on the boards or such.
Ressan Sepa
Novice
Novice

Re: Newspaper

Postby Myra on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:39 am

I think this could lead to a lot of switching things up. I've noticed a lot of players stick to those they are familiar with even with different characters and this could help in breaking up those smaller groups and expanding peoples choices of who they RP.. we have a new person in town.. this could lead to making them feel comfortable and welcomed more.

Bravo.. superb idea... if i'm needed for help. Say so.
Myra
Expert
Expert

Postby RazyCal on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:10 am

Totally want in on this! Such an awesome idea!!
RazyCal
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Garthel on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 am

Did this idea ever come to pass? If not it seems like it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Garthel
Novice
Novice

Postby Tehya on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:53 pm

We do have the bard's journal, but that's totally a different thing and have offered a select few to help write and haven't had much response.
Tehya

Return to Location, Location, Location