Ranked General Skills Questions and Answers

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Postby windira on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:43 am

A place to put all of your questions on Ranked General Skills, and to see the answers from the Admin. Also a place to put comments and suggestions.
windira

Postby Lar on Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:43 am

Magi are absent from this list, include them under the name Mage to save time/consolidate space (assuming this was an oversight)
Lar
Novice
Novice

Postby ArcticBlast on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:32 pm

i saw leatherworking, but that seemed more for the use of making belts and armor, etc.

I couldnt find tanning, could that be garnered under wilderness survival? since most tribes of barbarians, while having cultural depth, still lived very much of the earth and of its resources?

or can tanning be added as an unranked skill? used in step for tailoring, rather then armor making skills?
ArcticBlast
Novice
Novice

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:51 pm

To me it would fit in as an intermediate step between hunting and leatherworking, so yes, useful. It will be better if skills suggestions go in the RCS forum so they don't get lost.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Re: Ranked General Skills List

Postby Dugbran na Bean on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm

What is the difference between Alchemy and Potionmaking? Before someone (possibly me) tries to do something that is out of skill set.
Dugbran na Bean
Novice
Novice

Postby Odharnait on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:53 am

It has been explained to me that when you move to an advanced class you leave behind your old class...

example: Odharnait lvl 01 Ranger
lvl 05 Ranger x2
lvl 10 Warlord x1

at this point if someone has skills already in place they learned as their Primary class (ranger in this example) do they keep them even if they are no long eligible for them as their Advanced class?
huh wha?
Odharnait
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Twerlinger on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 am

Odh, as far as i am aware the answer to that is yes you can, you just can't increase them if you have evolved that class and your new one can't have them.

Dugbran - Alchemy is making brews and concotions with natural products, potion making is more the crafting of spell enhanced mixtures and healing potions as far as i'm aware
Twerlinger

Postby Aramis on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 pm

With the creation of the new Researcher job at the Towers of Magic, I'd like to suggest a new Research ranked skill, perhaps with a bonus to their research roll as the ranks progress. I think Research might be an unranked skill already.
"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it."
Aramis
Expert
Expert

Postby Draconus_Arts on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 am

Cartography (Mage, Warlord, Elemental Mages, Monk, Priest, Cleric, Knight, Paladin, Warrior-Mage Artisan)

I notice Ranger is not on the list and to me that doesnt seem to make much sense if anything the Ranger would be your go to guy for map making more so over a Knight or Warrior because a Rnager is always out there.
Druid would be a likely candidate too.

Well thats my 2coppers
Draconus_Arts

Postby Krom on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 am

I do not see Elementals making maps personally, though I do see the call for a ranger. Priest is stretching it as far as I am concerned as well.. THis probably needs a fresh scrubbing in some time to the future.
Krom
Expert
Expert

Postby Ishtori on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:27 pm

It was posted before but I need to put the question.

Magi should be assumed to be able to learn skills available for mages right?

Lar said that it should be assumed but, with no official answer from anyone I'd like to put the question up just to make sure, thanks.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Ishtori
Expert
Expert

Postby Simplicity on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Clarification needs to be made on the metalsmithing skill.

According to Ehlanna: Mithril still requires a quest to be written for approval to use the metal, while Valecite requires you to find someone IC to teach you, and those that know Valecite are very few and far between, so perhaps another alternative can be done? Since I believe at my last count there are only three individuals that can readily teach Valecite and one of them is rarely around as of late.
Simplicity

Postby Ehlanna on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Simplicity wrote:Clarification needs to be made on the metalsmithing skill.

According to Ehlanna: Mithril still requires a quest to be written for approval to use the metal, while Valecite requires you to find someone IC to teach you, and those that know Valecite are very few and far between, so perhaps another alternative can be done? Since I believe at my last count there are only three individuals that can readily teach Valecite and one of them is rarely around as of late.

We are looking at a change to the metal-smithing at the moment.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Re: Ranked General Skills Questions and Answers

Postby Albireo Echebbi on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 pm

I've noticed that there are no ranked skills for the Entertainer class. That is to say that an Entertainer needs to take a skill unrelated to his/her class in order to make money. My character is an acrobat, but there are no ranked skills that can help him make his living as an acrobat. Is it fair that my acrobat has to cook, blow glass, or make pottery in order to make money? Then why is he an acrobat in the first place. Just making a suggestion about adding more entertaining based ranked skills so Entertainers can make money doing what they do best.

Many Thanks
Albireo Echebbi~<3
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
-Albert Einstein
Albireo Echebbi
Novice
Novice

Re: Ranked General Skills Questions and Answers

Postby gwyneth{StWi} on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 pm

You can still work in the Inn as an entertainer, or for a noble. Take the tending/etiquette skill (which is useful anyway) to improve pay grade. Not sure where else You're looking for work as an acrobat besides those two places.
gwyneth{StWi}
Expert
Expert

Location: tied up in Mistress Ehlanna's pm box, in Mistress India's lap

Next

Return to Races, Classes and Skills