Advanced Class (Overall Suggestion)

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Advanced Class (Overall Suggestion)

Postby Kooky on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm

I'd like to suggest that some, if not all, of the "Advanced Classes" have access to their original spheres from the class they evolved from.

This would make sense in MANY areas with a few exceptions. Overall, if the Advanced Class evolves from that basic class, wouldn't it make sense for the Advanced Class to keep the fundamentals it had evolved from? Then new spells could be purchased from the new spheres gained. This would be realistic for a character who's advancing their training, as well as keep these Advanced Classes unique in that only the prior sphere would remain granted access and not all spheres owned by the classes that evolve into the Advanced Class.

Look at Heirophant, which is an Advanced Class. They seem to have a spiritual connection with nature, and even rely on all things around them to help guide them in the method and focus of carving out areas for humanity/people to spread, build and grow. Yet they are NO different than the Druid when it comes to sphere class. Beyond stats and limitations of the disadvantage, how can that be advanced?

I can see exceptions as well though, such as Fire Mages having no access to other elemental spells in the Arcana Sphere and the advanced mages not having access to the Illusion Sphere anymore.

It would just be nice for characters to keep their origins, as there would be a big difference between a Seductress evolved from a Healer and a Seductress evolved from an Entertainer. Very different mindsets and fundamentals that wouldn't just.. disappear.

At the very least, I think maybe these Advanced Classes should be able to keep spells they have already purchased prior to Advancing, if they are to lose expanding access to their original sphere. This would not include the elemental adjustments however of course. But it keeps those fundamentals.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Advanced Class (Overall Suggestion)

Postby Kooky on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm

OKAY

To clear this up, I was told you do not keep the spells you had when you advance. So I wrote this.. Now I was told you do, but you cannot purchase new ones from the sphere, which totally makes sense.

Until an OP clears this up, I'm just going to not delete this.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:56 am

You keep your spells when you advance

You have to keep the following in mind:

Please note that certain Advanced Classes gain bonuses and have penalties for taking on their new class. With power comes cost. For example, Fire Mages will lose any and all spells that have an affinity for Ice or Water (like Ice Shards). Seductresses will lose any and all spells that cause direct physical harm. Healers may not take spells that cause physical damage. Please be sure you choose wisely and carefully when picking your class!

You lose access to your old spheres

You lose the times class is picked bonus: For instance if you go mage X2 then at level 10 you change to pure airmage, then you are now airmage X1. All of your mage spells are at mage X1 level. So if a spell said you get +3 damage for each time the mage class is choosen, you'd not get 6 damage like you would have if you were still mage X2. You get +3 damage cause you are mage X1

another example, if you were a bard X2/mage X2 and you decided to up your bard to air mage. You would then be airmage X1/Mage X2. You'd keep your bard spells that you learned and can even upgrade them with money, but you can't get anymore from that sphere. Further more those spells count as bard X1 spells as far as effects go. Your mage however remains intact at mage X2

So, be very careful when selecting your classes and when you decide to start trying to multi class.
miyuka

Postby Tawny on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:08 am

I have been told that when you choose a advance class you have the spells you can no longer use you have them deleted and the spell slots can then be used to choose different spells. This was told to me by an op. And the write does not say you lose the ability to use it is says you lose the spell.(( Fire Mages will lose any and all spells that have an affinity for Ice or Water (like Ice Shards). Seductresses will lose any and all spells that cause direct physical harm. )) So I too am abit confused about this myself.
Tawny

Postby miyuka on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:49 am

Nope you just can't use 'em. That's why it warns ya to be careful on your choices.
miyuka

Postby lyllamarie on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 am

You can have the unnecessary spells removed. It's a waste of space to have them if you can't use them, but you won't get a refund.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Return to Races, Classes and Skills