Swan Mae Writeups by Kooky

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Swan Mae Writeups by Kooky

Postby Kooky on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:27 pm

So I'm posting this here, for all to read. I love playing my swan, and find that the swans are a unique class with their two forms, and their natural form being a swan. I tried to make my tale reflect on this, and show where their superstitions come from. The tales of Swan Mae have always been fantastical dark romantic fantasy, and I've tried to have my tale be such... That said, I know I get wordy and sue romantic lingo, so this is a first draft as some may need cleaning up and clarification.

Swan Creation Myth (First Draft)

As gods and goddesses created their races, Gaea looked upon the world and saw much rage and thirst for blood, and while there was beauty with the nymphs, their time was spent on frivolous sexual exploits that left something else lacking in the world. And so Gaea turned to the god Celere and told him of her findings, and decreed he make a race that was unlike any other.

Celere was a flamboyant god who favored the flash, the peacocking of nature so to speak. He hadn't created a race yet, but was a snob to belittle others, point out their flaws, yet never offer any real input. He was also vindictive and while Gaea had asked him to create a race, he had his own project of a task. Celere had created himself a woman, a humanoid with a swan's soul, having plucked a bird from her restful slumber and shifted her form. Each night he would do this, forcing her human guise as he would come to her at her pond, and he would beckon Rhina to be his. He could have simply taken her, but he wanted her to want him, to give herself to him.

But Rhina was born of swan mind, and had never had interest in creatures beyond her own kind. She was a prude to his exploits and crude humor, a denier of his open sexuality. So each night, she would turn him away. And come dawn, Celere's magic would fade and Rhina would be a swan once more. But she could never leave that pond. Celere's magic could not hold her form, but it could hold her to that pond, a curse that should she leave it, her swan form would be lost and she would be rendered her human-like guise for all eternity, and thus free for Celere to truly keep his conquered prize. But she had to leave of her own free will, as such was the cost of such magics, the exacting side of that curse.

The more time Celere spent at the pond, the more Gaea grew angry with him shirking her task. Celere wanted what he could not have, and craved the grace and aloof beauty of the swan. Yet Rhina kept denying him, and stayed at her pond to keep her swan form. And thus Gaea grew upset at the pond itself, unknowing of Rhina. It was but a body of water, and so after a winter when spring came, Gaea saw to it that the fish did not wake. That frogs did not seek the water for their eggs. That no life needed that pond, save for what she saw as a swan, who like others who were there, could fly away if need be. So the days went on and the pond began to shrink as the trees seemed to bend, letting the sunlight warm and dissipate the waters, and the earth quenched its thirst. Yet Rhina remained there, and so did her flock.

By the time Celere was able to return to Rhina, he found a tragic sight. Her form was a frail withered human, parched of water laying in a dusted bed of sand. Upon her lap was a dead swan, her actual mate who had passed, and in like fashion as swans mate for life, she too was passing in her grief. Other swans of the flock who remained were weak, and some dying. The pond had gone, and so her mate had lost his love to human form, and he had died of a broken heart. Rhina likewise was dying of her own ache, nevermind the pond, but her beloved who had hid and watched from the shadows of the underbrush as his mate was coerced and tortured by another.. was now dead in her lap as she had finally been taken from him.

Celere had never noticed the male swan, for how good they fit in the flock, and blended in like any other. And while he did realize the pond was gone, he was blinded by his lust and desire for the now trapped Rhina, who's pond had left her rather than her leaving her pond. He went on to then rape the object of his desire and Gaea was privy to the cries and pleas of Rhina as she appeared.

In her rage of Celere shirking his responsibilities further and denying her request, she killed him there and then as his seed filled Rhina's womb. Rhina was horror struck, now faced with an angry goddess, and her love and captor now both dead at her sides. But Gaea was not evil, nor was she good.. For she saw this opportunity to create the race she desired. Unable or unwilling to fully strip Rhina of her human guise, she granted the woman the ability to shift between forms at will. Celere was then punished to join his curse, form forced into that of a gray male swan, who then upon coming to life, quickly fled the scene. Rhina though was still broken hearted and wept, and so Gaea returned her mate to life, his ordeal having his feathers become black from death, but granted with the same shifting ability as Rhina. So did the flock who had remained, the weaker of the whites and formerly dying gaining black feathers from the magics used. She decreed them to be the start of the new race of the Swans.

In the coming time, the gray swan child of Rhina and Celere was born.. and Rhina's mate looked upon the whelp with disgust and Rhina only saw shame and a sick reminder of Celere. It was not long after they had begun drifting apart, did Rhina's black feathered mate begin to eye other swans and take them for mates, often the black swans, and even elven females.. and soon he shifted to a man and left her with his followers to form a new flock. The scorned Rhina preached to her gray abomination child of such worthlessness, and the remaining flock picked up on this. It included her scorn of her lover having sex beyond the life-bond they shared, and losing his wings so to speak. Such in time, became fact and tales shared among the Flock.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Re: Swan Mae Writeups by Kooky

Postby lyllamarie on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 am

Psst. You know you're already in Dev. You should also submit items directly in that forum.
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Return to Races, Classes and Skills