Suggestion: Added Healer Dual Class

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Suggestion: Added Healer Dual Class

Postby crow on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:03 am

Currently the classes a healer is allowed to dual with are:
Bard, Druid, Hierophant, Cleric, Priest/Priestess, Water Mage, Seductress
I want to make the suggestion of adding 'Monk' to that list.

When I looked at that line-up, I found it strange that "Monk" was missing, especially given the theme that the line-up had going with "Cleric, Priest, Priestess."

Flavor wise, it feels like a good fit. Monks are defensive and have no means of causing serious harm, which lines up with a Healer's aversion to killing. They dedicate their time to improving and understanding the body, which has a natural overlap with understanding how to restore a body that has been wounded. Though Monks rigorously train themselves, they do so purely for self-improvement in the search of enlightenment and equilibrium rather than a desire to destroy.

Balance wise, healing spells cannot be used on oneself while fighting, so there are no changes in that department. (Group combat is often limited to events which generally are cooperative, and/or feature Qdice, thus also would not see notable changes.)

Thoughts?

TL;DR: Healer/Monks, how bout those?
crow
Expert
Expert

Re: Suggestion: Added Healer Dual Class

Postby Adonai on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:55 pm

I think it sounds good honestly, because it may actually get more people to stay monk lol.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby crow on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Hah, who knows, maybe it will. We could use a few more. :lol:
crow
Expert
Expert

Postby Cayenne on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 pm

I think that would make for an interesting combination as clerics and water mages are not exactly kittens either. Even carrying around a healer kit wouldn't necessarily go against the Monk philosophy as it is not so much a possession, as something that is shared with those in need.

It also makes them versatile in being able to provide needed support after the fight while contributing during the battle.
Cayenne
Adept
Adept

Return to Races, Classes and Skills