unranked skill suggestion: cryptography/codebreaking

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

unranked skill suggestion: cryptography/codebreaking

Postby Wadeywade on Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 pm

cryptography/codebreaking

This skill would be an unranked skill that would allow the passing of covert messages, between individuals and allow the securing of information in a way that better ensures secrecy to those versed in this skill. it can be used to great benefit to the Empire and Nobles alike, allowing their spies and agents including the Imperial Guard to pass intelligence in a way previously unknown to the citizens and others.

but this also allows normal citizens with this skill to create symbol or numeric codes, most of which would be more rudimentary and elementary but equally as effective through the simplicity.
"There are no strings on me." Leonard Snart
-
“it gladdens me to know Odin prepares for a feast, soon I will be drinking ale from curved horns! I will not enter Odins Hall with fear, I shall wait for my sons to join me.. and when they do, I shall bask in their tales of triumph! the Aesir shall welcome me. my death comes without apology! I welcome the Valkeries, to SUMMON ME HOME!”-Ragnar Lodbrok
Wadeywade
Expert
Expert

Re: unranked skill suggestion: cryptography/codebreaking

Postby Tehya on Thu May 21, 2015 6:45 pm

I like this skill, a good way for spies to interact with their nobles. Though you'd probably want to flesh it out some so its not abused being used to communicate in public to just anyone.

Idea: Possibly only a code for each house so not anyone learning the code could decipher it back and forth.
Tehya

Re: unranked skill suggestion: cryptography/codebreaking

Postby lyllamarie on Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 pm

It's come up before and deemed unnecessary
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Return to Races, Classes and Skills