Question Regarding Skills For A New Player/Character

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Question Regarding Skills For A New Player/Character

Postby Beladi on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:01 am

So, I have my first character, Beladi. She grew up in a coastal village, the daughter of a fisherman. Since she's assisted her father for many years, she knows a bit about fishing, cleaning/dressing fish, maintaining and repairing the nets, some rudimentary sailing techniques. She also knows some standard domestic skills that she learned from her mother.

Is this something that needs a game mechanic to use? How would that work?
Beladi
Novice
Novice

Re: Question Regarding Skills For A New Player/Character

Postby Adonai on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 am

Ranked and unranked skilles viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3585 , viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3584

Welcome to TLI, some of these skills are actually able to be used for a few of the jobs, some not, you get 5 skills right off, to use.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Beladi on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:30 pm

So Beladi is from a coastal fishing village and I'd like to use some of those unranked skills but amended. For instance, she'd know Geography, but only inasmuch as being able to read and know the coastline. She'd have Wilderness Survival, but only when it pertains to being stranded in the ocean. Stuff like that. Does that sound acceptable? And am I only limited to 5 Unranked? Or Ranked?
Beladi
Novice
Novice

Postby Adonai on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:37 am

5 period, from both or just one, ranked applies to jobs for more cash flow, hit me up on mirc, im on often lol.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Return to Races, Classes and Skills