Satyr rangers (or lack of them)

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Satyr rangers (or lack of them)

Postby Isilindil on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Just something I noticed: Satyrs race page says that they can be rangers, and it makes sense, after all they would seem natural wardens of forest and scouts of wilderness.

Buuut...

Ranger page does not show satyrs as available race for a ranger, and after checking on character creation, this is the case indeed. So I am wondering if this is an

1) Simple oversight
2) intentional because the whole spirits "no killing" thing
3) Something else?

The 2nd explanation seems rather narrow sighted, as most classes have lethal options in them and it should be the players responsibility to play a non-lethal race as such, not (in my opinion) nonsensical class restrictions.
Isilindil
Adept
Adept

Re: Satyr rangers (or lack of them)

Postby Kooky on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Wolven have the same thing, as it is stated wolven clerics exist, but we cannot play them.
The same can be said for male swans.

I assume this just means that they DO exist, but namely as NPCs and that the players cannot play them as that class.
Dev Team Member | Manager of the Bazaar (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the Arena (Lumio) | Assistant Manager of the General Store (Spotzen Strype) | Manager of Chocolates 2 Cherish (Calvan) | Assistant Manager of the Siren's Call (Sammy)

Most known characters - Lumio, Misk, Rumplelynx, Moxie Fink, and Icki
Kooky
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Isilindil on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Kooky wrote:Wolven have the same thing, as it is stated wolven clerics exist, but we cannot play them.
The same can be said for male swans.

I assume this just means that they DO exist, but namely as NPCs and that the players cannot play them as that class.

Yeah, but Satyr page has Ranger on starting class list.
Isilindil
Adept
Adept

Postby Farvel on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Yes, sometimes there is a discrepancy between the race and class pages. The easiest way to know for sure is to try to create a new character, pick the race and see if the class is available, which in this case it is not.

(And yes, I do think the current race/class restrictions are way too arbitrary. The game would only benefit from more variety.)
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 am

Male Swan May exist, but they are incredibly rare and closely guarded. Therefor they are not available to be selected as Player Charcters. Satyr may just be an oversight which we'll try to fix if so.
miyuka

Return to Races, Classes and Skills