Question About Duessa

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Question About Duessa

Postby Kree on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:00 pm

An interesting valid question came up today.. I'm looking for the answer.

Can a Duessa produce male parts with the racial spell Whisper's Clay?
TBA
Kree
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Question About Duessa

Postby Elthorion on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:54 pm

It's not a matter of JUST producing male parts. The appropriate question is 'Can a duessa become a male of another race.' It's not just growing a dick, its a duessa becoming, say, a male human/elf/goblin/whatever using their racial.
Elthorion
Senior Op
Senior Op

Postby Naomh on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:08 am

Whisper's Clay:
The duessa can change her form more effectively than any other known race or spell outside of some powerful items of magic. This allows her to become the ideal spy, slave, or to simply hide in plain sight. This ability grants the whisper the power to change their size, weight, and physical characteristics, to that of any playable humanoid race; however, this does NOT include races such as Wolven, Sithian, Minotaur, Centaur, Wembic or any other animal-hybrid race. Duessa have been known to slip into the private chambers of powerful men disguised as a new girl, lover, or simply hidden, in order to plant dark whispers into their powerful lover’s ears.

Mechanics: This racial ability works similarly to change self, but they can do more exact changes with facial features, they can decrease or increase their height, weight, and build up a fifty percent difference. They can cast it at any time at will; the ability costs 4 stamina and lasts until canceled, even throughout the day. This ability takes a relatively low level concentration but if the Duessa is damaged too much, or hurt too deeply, such as down forty percent of their life points, they will lose concentration and the spell will dissipate. The only tell-tale markers of a Duessa under guise is their eyes, which will not change appearing as twin coals- always burning, and the unnatural cold of their body, which they cannot disguise. While this ability is in use, the character’s stats do not change.

After reading this ability more throughly, I'm going to have to say 'no' myself, change self just alters appearance but doesn't allow addition/removal of limbs or other 'extremities' so even a change self plus would be limited in this matter, especially with it pointing out that they can't be any of the animal-hybrid races (which to me implies torian and chirot for their feather/leather wings).

Also if one could just grow a penis with this ability it would be a backdoor into making more futa's or chicks with dicks (same thing but different) and SB has made it clear multiple times he wants herm/futa to be an extremely limited thing. Other than the ones grandfathered in from being created years ago I personally do not see any SI's even allowing a mix gender transformation being allowed anymore so having a racial ability that can be argued to bypass restrictions without a lot of legalese would be an even more definitive 'no'.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Ehlanna on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:42 am

I'm with the pantie-less Naomh on this one, aside from the fact there are no mentions whatsoever in the spell text that even mention change of gender.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Ray`el on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 am

i was on the team that deved the race, and it was my baby. Basically No. its a supped change self
Ray`el
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Races, Classes and Skills