A slight modification to the Vulpines

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

A slight modification to the Vulpines

Postby DiasEesha on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:23 am

While Im sure this has come up multiple times I would like to put my two cents and maybe a bit of a fresh perspective on something that I believe may be a bit of an oversight to the Vulpine race. Namely the lack of clerics/preists that exists with them. Now, granted I could be reviving the dead horse to beat it all over again but hey my main is a necro its what we do.

Anyways that being said and with a bit of levity I would like to submit the following points for support of adding these classes to the vulpine race.

1st and foremost is already deeply set in thier background on the site itself yes I know that that information is not -always- up to date and accurate but in this case is certainly holds true. The vulpine race as a whole persues more magical means than physical this basic favoring of magic is the foundation level of why this should be added.

2nd Devout religion, now this in and of itself I admit is not a good enough reason to add in clerics and priests as quite a few races do have something similar, the magi and drak sen for example, as well as the fae really. However, I believe that this needs to be a part of a race that should/does have clerics and preists or at the very least the race must have the capacity for it. [IE Humans and Elves dont .necessarily. feature it across board but certainly have the capacity.]

3rd This is perhaps part of a lynchpin in what I consider the reasons for a race to have access to clerics and preists. And that is open and active participation in following their diety. Be it in actions, or in words, the race must exhibit a devout following that isnt insular. [This is what seperates Vulpines from Magi and Drak Sen in my opinion the latter two races while certainly devout do not see the need to really spread their word or religion beyond their own race while vulpines tend to spread the world about the Lady rather easily.]

4th another strong point is the common thread between the races that do have clerics and priests, which is the presence of rituals, cerimonies, and the ilk that is present within each. Humans, Elves, etc do exhibit these in both background information and in rp. I do count the evolution or intent of rp as well and in this case Callie and the others that helped to create the vulpines certainly intended on them having set religious customs and rules that should be followed and executed by those that are faithful.

So in summary due to its own merits and traits as well as what I consider the intent of its creation and the implimentation of such within the sphere of rp [as well as having quite a few "conversions" to further support the spread and focus of bringing others into the Lady's Light.] It is in my strongly held belief that Vulpines should be granted access to the cleric and priest/ess classes.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Re: A slight modification to the Vulpines

Postby CallieO on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:36 am

I think that the time has come to add cleric, priest(ess), and even paladin to the list of classes that the vulpine race can access. Many vulpines care very deeply about their religion, and want the word of The Lady's love to spread.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Farvel on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:51 am

Agreed. Seems a strange limitation to me.
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:56 am

Nope, not happening, but thanks for your input. Yes it has been brought up before, and yes you have interesting points but the vulpine look to their Shaman for their 'cleric' and priestess when it comes to that of the religious. And yes, I know you could come up with all kinds of different reasons as to why, they should have access but that argument could also be used for giving access to nearly every class/race combination save for Magi. Simply put, it is a class related path Vulpine cannot take.
miyuka

Postby L`aquera on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Its not that I don't agree with you dear, because, I've brought this up before and had the same answer, also, with another chimed voice into it. Creationism in TLI has limitations. Certain races can't have certain classes. Not because we have some fancy reason (though on some, its obvious!) but, everything here can't BE everything we would like. Does it force us to pick and chose what we want and wish to be? Yes, but thats the world I'm afraid just like any other world. Limitation. Balance as much as can be made even in its imperfect form.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Farvel on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:21 pm

I understand that. But class limitations usually have a good reason. This one seems too... artificial?
Farvel
Predominate
Predominate

Postby miyuka on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm

I could say that about a lot of class limitations in a lot of things. Vulpine are spiritual, yes they have a religion, yes they worship their goddess, but it's a spiritual thing as in shamanism. Nothing more nothing less. If that seems to artificial then I guess that's just what it's going to be. If your'e looking for everything to have super deep reasoning and meaning behind why they can and can't be something then I'm afraid you're going to run into some situations where it's like this. So again, ty for the input, but no, this is an aspect of the vulpine I've zero plans of changing.
miyuka

Postby Amara on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. Lovely write up.

I know these answers are hard to swallow and sometimes just seem so unfair.
Or odd.
Or not right at all.

But, as already stated: Life and Balance play a key role in decisions.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Seductress class. They have limitations, too.
Makes no sense to me for a real life setting, but this is not real life.

This is storytime.

Make the best of it that you can.
Use your imagination.
Use your limitations to propel your character in a direction that brings you joy.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Races, Classes and Skills