(Ranked) Skill Suggestion: Camerie Riding

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

(Ranked) Skill Suggestion: Camerie Riding

Postby Thunder on Wed May 13, 2020 6:32 am

Water Beast Riding (Any Class)
These skill ranks all require a short period of familiarisation with the creature type in question

Novice - - Allows one to be able to call water beasts to them with a few simple slaps to the surface, know what they like to eat, and be able to feed them at appropriate times and in appropriate amounts.
Apprentice - Allows the rider to be able to mount and stay on.
Journeyman - Allows the rider to be able to stay on while giving simple commands.
Expert- Allows the rider to ride give more complex commands and use long ranged weapons in combat.
Master - Allows the riders to maintain their seating on mounts during close quarter battles where the water beast can engage and one can use close ranged weapons.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Re: (Ranked) Skill Suggestion: Camerie Riding

Postby Thunder on Wed May 13, 2020 2:22 pm

Most don't know what a Camerie is so to help you out incase your like hmm and what is this thing well here is the link to them. They are the last Beast on the page http://belariath.com/npcbeast.html
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Postby DiasEesha on Wed May 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Honestly..Im surprised this hasnt already been done, considering.
DiasEesha
Expert
Expert

Postby CallieO on Thu May 14, 2020 6:46 pm

I like it.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby The Mercenary Abby on Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Can we have one for Jhores and/or Earth Shaper Beetles too?
"The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses and still thinks you're completely amazing."
The Mercenary Abby
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Thunder on Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 am

I will work on those as well.. if I am needed too. I don't want to step on anyones toes
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomh on Fri May 15, 2020 3:08 pm

I strongly disagree with making special riding skills for each individual land mount. Perhaps a redo of the horsemanship skill so it be more of a generic riding skill at most.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Xanetia on Sat May 16, 2020 1:12 am

I like the idea for the Camerie, since its a water mount it should have its own skill set.
Xanetia
Expert
Expert

Postby Naomh on Sat May 16, 2020 1:35 am

Land beasts, air beasts and sea beasts I can see. Strongly against individual beastie riding skills however.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil : http://belariath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186
Team member of: Dev, SI, Quest, Ops
Manager of: Sorcerous Sanctuary (Anaya), Unigo (Headmistress - Keani), Lodge of Strength (Head Priestess - Robyn)
Assistant manager of: Thallis (Lady of the Azure Isle - Naomh), Sutara's house (Majordomo - North), Arena (Records Keeper - Kateri)
Naomh
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Amara on Sat May 16, 2020 1:32 pm

While I have a great appreciation for the thoughtfulness and time that you put into the build of your ranked skill, Thunder, I do
agree with Naomh. We don't need individual ranked skills for each beast.

We already have Winged Rider for all beasties up in the air.

I could see Horsemanship morphed into an all-inclusive Ground Rider ranked skill; or something to that effect.

Also, perhaps one geared toward something regarding 'water rider'. That way, as creatures are created, the generic skill base would cover them all.
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Naomi on Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 pm

i think camerie riding as it sits covers the only beastie we have in water. winged riding if for beasties in the air, horsemanship covers beasts on land. we have -nothing- for water beasties which is currently camerie. i think this one is a good idea unless another type of water beastie is going to be introduced?
Because I am one with the taker of life, and I love pain and suffering, misery and death as it loves me. These are things I am not willing to give up, if death is release then let it never find me so I may live long and suffer much.
Naomi
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Thunder on Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 pm

I have done a little writing on this skill so it has been edited at the top. Please do let me know what you think.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Postby CallieO on Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Looks good to me. I'm glad it's been expanded to include all water beasts. We only have Cameries right now, but there could be more coming in the future, for all we know.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe."
--Dr. Beverly Crusher

Player of Callie Volopa, Viaa, Auric Lightwing, Brian Perano, Erin Tarcata and Aimee Sarasiné

CallieO
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Amara on Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you, Thunder!
I'll push it into Dev and see what happens! :D
Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Thunder on Thu May 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Thank you Amara I had a lot of fun working on this skill.
Thunder
Predominate
Predominate

Return to Races, Classes and Skills