This Fur and no Further

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Postby L`aquera on Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:07 pm

If they go against whats been set down, yes.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Goldentiger on Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Well Irontail is a gold, and black bangel with an iron colored tail, and Emerald is well an emereald green color.
Irontail, Rita Highlander Hitar, Rhain Stormcloud, Iriam, Canthia, Mayuki, Karatha, Rosa
Goldentiger
Expert
Expert

Postby L`aquera on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Then a suggestion.. change a few words around to "dyed green" or "uses the spell colors to" and then keep the coloration if its something you really wish to keep and make sure you have the color spray spell or.. buy a ring and get that permanently enchanted. to do exactly that. Hope that helps.
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

Postby Goldentiger on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:23 pm

That's a good idea for Emerald, and is Irontail ok the way he is?
Irontail, Rita Highlander Hitar, Rhain Stormcloud, Iriam, Canthia, Mayuki, Karatha, Rosa
Goldentiger
Expert
Expert

Postby Stormbringer on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:28 am

I'm not sure what a bangel is, but the colors sound fairly normal for a member of the cat family.
--------------
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn

(John Keats)
Check your baggage at the door and bring some magic through your
window onto the world of Belariath
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Goldentiger on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:14 pm

Ok. Expect for his tail color, but I will be eplaining that in the clan write up I have write for him, and so you know SB its the orange, and black tiger of the country of India.
Goldentiger
Expert
Expert

Postby Ehlanna on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Bengal then?
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Kalas Dune on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 am

Well Irontail is a gold, and black bangel with an iron colored tail, and Emerald is well an emereald green color.

Ok. Expect for his tail color, but I will be eplaining that in the clan write up I have write for him, and so you know SB its the orange, and black tiger of the country of India.

Stormbringer wrote:...if you read the post it specifically said HAIR, which implied the stuff that grows on your HEAD. Any growth below the neck has been consistently referred to as FUR when used in relation to the cat race.

4. If a catperson elects to have just the ears and tail, as portrayed in many animes, then their hair coloring can be anything they like but NOT tartan, spotted, striped, or rainbow. Look like a prat and we'll treat you like one.

I would have thought that those posts answered those questions already. Your fur, tail, and ears can be spotted, striped, or whatever. He only cares about the hair on your head, IF you choose not to have fur. Unless I read the posts wrong.
The Road goes ever on and on/Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone/And I must follow, if I can

Pursuing it with eager feet/Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet/And whither then? I cannot say.
Kalas Dune
Initiate
Initiate

Postby miyuka on Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:19 pm

In the first post by SB, sentence 8 it states that centaur may play out having hooves. All other races have feet. I'm just curious to know if Mino were skipped on accident. I have seen mino's played with having hooves.
miyuka

Postby Stormbringer on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:04 pm

No they weren't skipped by accident.
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Rei-Kai on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Bengal, aka Bengal Tiger. White tiger with black stripes. Think Bengali if you've ever seen ThunderCats.

Anyway, I have my questions. Is there a grandfather clause for players who have well-established characters? Such as with cat-people and such with full-body fur? I had been under the impression that characteristics of some characters can be kept because the character had been well established in the game so would fall under some form of Grandfather clause which keeps the player from automatically having to completely alter their character.

I had asked an OP about it once before a number of months back and heard yes there was one. Asked again more recently and got a completely different answer from a different OP. Best to get it cleared up before some people blow a gasket over it.

I'll put it right out there. I have a cat-person character, Diabolos, made him roughly 4yrs ago. He's got black, red, and blue colored fur. Comes from a complicated background and is the result of magical experiments done on breeds of cat-people. Breeds more like different cat-people from different tribes with varying physical characteristics, some more adept at magic, some not, etc. His fur doesn't change color, it's always been like this since day 1.

Would he fall under some kind of grandfather clause because of how long ago he was created and retain those colorations given his background, or does it need to be changed as examples had been given earlier with spells or dyes?
Rei-Kai
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Annwyn on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 pm

well, actually, most bengal tigers are orange, not white, though there is a mutation that produces the white tigers you mentioned.

*coughs*

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic >_>
Annwyn

Re: This Fur and no Further

Postby Nia on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:20 am

My apologizes for asking these questions, but it's better to find out now than to get banned. >->;

Stormbringer wrote:6. Facial features of the furry races have elements of a muzzle but not a fully developed one. Teeth can be appropriate to the race.

In other words, Cat people, Vulpines and Wolven can have pointed teeth, as long as these are not functional and purely for show? If so, I'm somewhat confused why my character was suspended when I made her, since part of that suspension involved the fact that she had non-functional pointed teeth. Since this post superceeds the information I found on the Cat people race (the character is a Cat person) and even reinforces the website information on them, it's a bit strange to be told I couldn't do that.

Would it be against the rules to create magically animated masks* of a cat's or wolf's head (yes, with snout / muzzle) and wear these? The problem with human(oid)s is that despite being human(oid), they can still play animals and invent ways to do so. For Wolven and Vulpines it might even work as a battle tactic, using animalistic masks to instill fear in... Well... Cat girls I suppose.

*= Magically animated to express the wearer's emotions and move, possibly bear teeth and such. Not to be living masks.

Stormbringer wrote:7. No race has paws. They have hands. Fingernails can be reminiscent of claws, but they are still fingernails on fingers.

8. Centaurs can play having hooves. Other races have feet.

9. No race apart from centaur walks on all fours naturally

Assuming the Wemic race has not been phased out (if it has, please tell me so), would they not have lion paws the way Centaurs have hooves? And walk on these four paws (not sixes, including their arms)?

Do the Cat people, Wolven and Vulpine still have claws, or do their human fingernails function as claws?

Since Satyrs no longer have hooves, exactly what 'animal traits' do they have? Only the goatee and small horns?

Stormbringer wrote:10. No race is evolved from an animal ancestor. They are all descended from magical experiments performed on humans except Chirot and Drak who have their own legends concerning creation. As such, they have absolutely no genetic impulse to chase balls of yarn, eat mice, lap from bowls, chase their tails, lick their balls or display other animalistic tendencies. Cat people mews and purrs, wolven growls and sexual aggressiveness - such things are fine but they are NOT languages and they have NO relation to any acts of bestiality.

So, if I understand this correctly, a Cat person would act like one during sexual play or forplay (say, playing with a ball of yarn and ending up tieing herself up for the parter to 'rescue'), but not in any other situation in which they would behave like any normal human?

On a somewhat related subject, would a character which is a half-blood Torian (with the base race being any allowable race but Torian) develop wings of any sort (although the wings obviously wouldn't function as such)? If yes, is it a big problem if these non-fuctional wings would appear anywhere else on the body than the back, say, as ears? I kind of liked the idea of having a 'Valkyrie' style human knight, y'see, with small wings as ears rather than wings on the back...
Nia
Novice
Novice

Postby Stormbringer on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 am

As always, we try to create guidelines to express the spirit of our intentions rather than trying to define every possible permutation and turn it into a hundred pages of rigid rules.

Cat people have been described as having small sharp teeth. That remains.

No, magically animated masks take the temptation towards playing more animalistically rather too close to the borderline.

Wemic were considered a sub race of centaur and covered by the conditions of that race, so yes they would have equivalent traits.

Cat and wolven can have fingernails which are rather reminiscent of claws but are not retractable and not as long or as sharp as animal claws.

If satyrs had hooves then so would minotaurs and etc etc, so the division between human and animal would edge that much closer to where we don't want to be. I assume they would wish to play having very hairy legs, small feet and somewhat over-responsive genitals, but the majority of racial effects are in the mindset of the character.

A cat person would NOT act like one during sex. We allow a small degree of leeway in things like mews and growls at any time.

A half breed character which has a Torian secondary can take the physical traits of that secondary (ie wings) which are non-functional but which are in other respects equivalent to the *normal* appearance of that race. Leave the 'ears as wings' concept to the Kaiser Chief's video or there will be a riot!
--------------

(John Keats)
Stormbringer
High Council
High Council

Postby Nia on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 am

Neither is always easy to understand, though.

Stormbringer wrote:A cat person would NOT act like one during sex. We allow a small degree of leeway in things like mews and growls at any time.

In the actual act of intercourse, a human would never act like a cat - that much is obvious. But, what about foreplay? You're also not allowed to play as a cat then?

Stormbringer wrote:Leave the 'ears as wings' concept to the Kaiser Chief's video or there will be a riot!

So a no then... o.o Although I don't understand what you mean with 'Kaiser Chief's video'...
Nia
Novice
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Races, Classes and Skills