Grandfathering Skills

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Grandfathering Skills

Postby Ehlanna on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:19 pm

If you believe you should have skill(s) grandfathered in, please state what skill, what rank (if applicable) and a reason why.
Ehlanna
High Council
High Council

Postby Twerlinger on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Due to Character reset I no longer need to grandfather skills in.
Twerlinger

Postby magnus adder on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:59 am

i would like for magnus to have access to metal smithing. as he had 2 ranks in the GSS skills of sliver smithing, and as well as it being an intrical part of his back story.
fol draeval ol zhah vel'bol dos xun naut nym'uer nindelen kleel
magnus adder
Novice
Novice

Postby Dante_Greyson on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:10 pm

If Erotic Arts is still an available skill, then id like to be GF'd as a Master. 6 months under Alissia will make anyone highly skilled, and very happy. ;)
To us, a slut is a person of any gender who has the courage to lead life according to the radical proposition that sex is nice and pleasure is good for you.
Dante_Greyson
Novice
Novice

Postby Tawny on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 pm

I would like to ask about two of my chars.

Babi i believe should be mastered in tailoring since she has been employed by the Naked Bird for several years as one.

The other is Shasha.. I would like her mastered in dancing since she has been a dancer and entertainer manager at the Inn for several years.

Please let me know about this.
Tawny

Postby gwyneth{StWi} on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:43 pm

this girl would like to have two skills grandfathered to Mastery:

First aid/Triage to reflect the hours put into mundane skills learning under the old HG system as well as the many hours of role playing such skills including during wars and quests.

Tending/Etiquette to reflect both the extensive slave training in her back ground as well as years of faithful service as a tender in the Inn and her time working in the Baths for Mistress India.

Also, in this girl's humble opinion, any Tu`turadil slave should have at least expert level in etiquette, if not mastery to reflect their position and the training needed to be named such.
gwyneth{StWi}
Expert
Expert

Location: tied up in Mistress Ehlanna's pm box, in Mistress India's lap

Postby Fionnuala on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:32 am

I would like to request that Fionnuala be grandfathered in at the Journeyman level as a Leather Worker. I have spent hours rping on her taking lesson with StormWind, and even rp'd out making Oak's baldric, which I put a lot of effort into. thanks

Also, Fio is the equivalent of an Expert in Dancing... maybe even a Master... when that was offered as a class skill.
Fionnuala
Novice
Novice

Postby Sikyat`Pallaton on Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:35 am

I like to have Aislin`Kelp at least grandfathered in artistry since that is what he is now
Sikyat`Pallaton
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Christine-Daae on Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:17 pm

I'd like to have CD have the horsemanship skill grandfathered in. For the past few months she has been breeding horses for the GS. And for the past four and a half years i've played her here she always has had a good eye for horses, used to train for the GS and it's a skill I believe she should have, or the playing i've done with her seems for nothing, but it is up to you. Thank you. I'd also like to add Candymaking as she's been working the C2C as the manager for several months now heh, and not being able to make new treats like she used to would suck. :wink:
Christine-Daae
Expert
Expert

Postby StormWind on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 am

I'd like to have several of Storm's skills grandfathered in due to having played them for the last several years....

Leather working at Master rank:this was Storm's first skill learned under the old GSS. He trained under Alta-Nova and achieved Mastery long before the GSS system was done away with, and for the longest time it was his prime source of income. He has even had a few students in the craft along the way, and is currently training Fionuala{Oak} who has spent many hours role playing lessons with Storm.

Hunting Master Rank: This goes hand in hand with Storm's leather working. from the beginning I have role played him hunting animals for the sake of their skin to be turned into leather and used in his craft. In fact up until the last few weeks he was a hunter for the inn, because he could not stand to see the meat from the animals he killed go to waste. He started at first by making 12 braided leather snare traps, and moved up from there as time progressed. He has even recently commissioned 12 raccoon traps from the Pack Den.

Butchery Journeyman rank: This goes hand in hand with the other two. I have spent many hours of Role Play not only hunting animals, but bleeding, skining and slicing them up for the inn, as well as later on for use in his own house as well as those of Various nobles.

There, I hope I'm not asking too much, but I believe that on the basis of past role play it would make sense for Storm to possess these three skills. Thank you in advance for listening.

StWi
Skills pertaining to Jobs

Owner and Manager of The Works:

Metalsmith X5
MiithrilsmithX5
Leathersmithx5
Wood working x5
Valicitesmith x5
Carpentry x5
Jewler x5
Appraisal
Administration

Stewart of the port of Virelith
Scribe x5
Cartography x5
Mephos Riding x5
Soldiering x5
Navigation x5
Boating
Ediquett
Heraldry x3

Master Body Artist

Body Arts x5
Artist x5
Jewler x5
StWi
StormWind
Predominate
Predominate

Postby Philana on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:00 am

Nevermind, I will just remove something from her skills, I think I figured out a way to work it so None of Philana's skills need to be grandfathered :)
Philana
Novice
Novice

Postby Miliani on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:20 pm

I would like for Amarania to be able to take Horsemanship due to the fact of since day one, she has been around horses, fascinated by them and eventually grew into raising/breeding them. She is a horse trainer for the General Store, so it only makes sense for her to have this skill.
Miliani
Novice
Novice

Postby Odium on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:59 pm

I would like to grandfather my Metal working and Stone working skills. Simply for the reason that I have RPed them all out for many hours as well as my quest and 3 page write up on how i learned to smelt and craft mithril
....Only one of us walks away
Odium
Novice
Novice

Postby SwiftWolf on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:43 pm

I request metal smithing for first 5 GSP
SwiftWolf
Novice
Novice

Postby Aramis on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:40 am

I'm a little confused by grandfathering skills... does this mean that people get to add skills to their character that aren't normally allowed because of race/class, or is this "hey I'm getting these skills for free without having to spend the skill ranks, because I've rp'ed out having this skill?" because Aramis has mastered several languages, and if we're grandfathering things, then I'd like him to get those languages grandfathered.

*is confused by all this*
"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it."
Aramis
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Races, Classes and Skills