Player Input to Development

Questions and suggestions for additions or changes to these topics

Moderators: Stormbringer, Ehlanna

Re: Player Input to Development

Postby Adonai on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Truth be told, spell wise i enjoy everything the bards have; infact if i wouldn't take a hit for it i would change class to a bard this second. Nicholas did a unbelievably great job on them.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby miyuka on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:45 am

what spells do bards have that encroach upon the sexual sphere? Also I'm with you Adonai. The only thing honestly keeping me from making Miyuka an all out bard is because I absolutely love the air OOB spells that she uses so much! I just can't imagine her with her wind powers now, but I digress!

As far as attacking with a headbutt, you can, but ya know it just won't have a modifier added to it. An interesting thought though.
miyuka

Postby Tawny on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 am

I have to agree with those who love the Bard. I never really understood the bard until I was lucky enough to rp as one of Nicolas Shades Slaves for a long while. It is wonderful and can be played beautifully if one takes the time to read and understand the class. Encroach upon the sexual sphere... No I dont see that.
I dont see giving horned races atk value on thier horns. If that starts then I can see other races wanting atk values as well such as centys wanting one on their hoofs for kicking and such. Nope just not a good idea.
Tawny

Postby Varisanna on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 am

As far as spells go for bards,

song of sirens-sexual tastes
enchanted evening-mask of desire, essence of grace
steal their breath away- sensual transfer

ultimately though I have come to realize that this is a sex channel.. so should not really be limiting people from being able to use magics to improve the mood. So shall focus most of my mental powers on ways to improve the seductress so that other spheres having similar magics is not as big a concern.

as for horn idea I'll agree with the counterpoint that it would be hard to judge what deserves power-ups and what doesn't so better to leave as is. Can always free-form the horns as a more potent threat anyways.
Varisanna
Novice
Novice

Postby Adonai on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am

could do like the draksen for the horn thing.
Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides, and life and death alike follow in its wake.
Adonai
Expert
Expert

Postby Gojin-Ryong on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

yeah satyrs don't need a 'extra' attack value just do like the drak sen tail and have it do regular clophyatk dmg with no modifier. The reason satyr isn't more played anyway is cause it has goat legs, and a lot of people are not into playing with the half animal like races. I doubt giving them more atk anyway would change that fact.
Gojin-Ryong
Novice
Novice

Postby lyllamarie on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:48 pm

lyllamarie wrote:
Next Up and now Open for Player input:

Sheyka
Druid

If you have any input, stories, additions, subtractions, grief, etc, please reply to this thread with your thoughts.

Thank you!
Development Team
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Thoughts on...

Postby Schylla on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:03 am

*blush* Sorry the post I had made here was totally out of turn... I went back and read the whole thread... now I'm abashed and know what I did wrong.
Schylla
Novice
Novice

Postby RedRaven on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Ok! So, There is alot that I actually do like about the Sheyka. I am curious as to what is being considered as far as changes to it. I would like it if the prejudices which are listed in the Mir`Thul tribe area were brought to the front page and updated a little bit. When ever I talk to someone who is looking at making a Sheyka, I always recommend that they at least read that part which is off the main page. That reminds me of the sterotypical view of the races that white wolf gives you.

This way, especially if you are a new player you have a view and a basis from which to pull the character's thoughts and beliefs, or at least gives a bit better basis for the culture.

I would also like to see some emphasis on the spirits. Because from my reading of their history and culture, they believe in the gods, but for the most part the gods are not given a large amount of emphasis, it is the Spirits which are given the large emphasis. It might be interesting if the Sheyka do not believe that the Gods are actually more than simply Very powerful spirits themselves. This has not been stated or played, though it might be an interesting bit of "religion", and fit with the emphasis that they place upon shaman, and why they do not have access to the Cleric class.
RedRaven
Initiate
Initiate

Postby RedRaven on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:59 pm

One other thing which I have included, is that because of the Sheyka's Spiritualism that even those who are not Shamans, would have "Spirit Bundles". Little bits of sacred things in a small bundle which they carry on their person, either in a pouch around their neck, or at their side, or potentially in a bag over their shoulder, depending on how big and how many sacred things they are carrying.
RedRaven
Initiate
Initiate

Postby lyllamarie on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:09 am

Next Up and now Open for Player input:

Sithian
Entertainer, Artisan and Laymen

If you have any input, stories, additions, subtractions, grief, etc, please reply to this thread with your thoughts.

Thank you!
Development Team
lyllamarie
High Council
High Council

Postby rornok on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:08 pm

For the entertainer, laymen, artisan. Thought it could be interesting to allow them to start off with carts for their goods, a entertainer would want to carry the prop for their hows, a artisan and laymen their tools, so could make sense they would start off with maybe a small cart to haul things about in.
rornok
Novice
Novice

Postby crow on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:12 am

Sithian

Perhaps make wings optional?
And I don't mean in the mutilation way. *shiver*
crow
Expert
Expert

Postby Amara on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Next up and now open for player input:

Divine Sphere!

If you have any input, additions, subtractions, grief, etc, please reply over here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18495

Thank you!
Development Team

Avatar courtesy of: Lucky/Isilindil: viewtopic.php?p=136186#p136186

"If my heart could beat, it'd beat for you." Valley of Silence

"And yet you did not chose me blindly. Certain expectations were aroused.
Let's not be coy; you were hoping I would satisfy all the desires you're
too shy to name, or at least show you a good time." The Crimson Petal and the White
Amara
Predominate
Predominate

Postby L`aquera on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:02 am

We need a new spell. God Smack. Or the Hand of my God/dess or just, Bitch you just got God Smacked!

A violent shift of motion from the Priest draws down their God/dess attention and from the heavens, they reach down to the priest, open their hand and layeth the smacketh down.

Ok.. so its sorta amusing, but actually, it would fit. One good slap could cause enough 'celestial' spiritual damage to knock you down, or stun you :D Ok. Look, its midnight. I'm tired. I had a thought and it spiraled into debased nincompoopery. Is that even a word? I still like the thought of it :D
Don't breath, don't think.. for I am the shadow that will forever over take you..
L`aquera
High Council
High Council

PreviousNext

Return to Races, Classes and Skills